Gonna Try This AGAIN

So I admit, I rage quit Myfitnesspal awhile back because I felt like everything I tried wasn't working. I became incredibly discouraged and depressed ..ate my weight in chocolate chip cookies and drowned my sorrows binge watching Bob's Burgers while eating...burgers. Kinda what I do, I self sabotage. However, I'm pushing the 40's and there won't be a lot of opportunities left to really bite the bullet and get fit. I've kept saying "Oh tomorrow I'll start" ..and time passes so quickly. I'm a little late in the game though. A lot of people took Covid as the opportunity to become better versions of themselves.. however I did no such thing lol.

Looking back I'm a little disappointed at myself but I'm here and ready. I've lost 25 lbs so far before joining MFP again and I do need help in logging calories. This intuitive eating stuff doesn't seem to work well for me. *shrug* live and learn. Some activities I love are archery, axe throwing, finding hidden forest trails that lead to no where (most times), kick boxing, weight training and watching fitness competitions with envy and admiration. <3

Replies

• judowolf
    judowolf Posts: 77 Member
    edited May 2021
    We all struggle, it's why we're here. You have taken a huge step and admitted to yourself that you have had your battles with weakness and are strong enough to face it. Keep up the good work, your doing great!
  • IndyFitAgain
    IndyFitAgain Posts: 67 Member
    Been off and on MFP for a few years too, lost and gained it back. I was successful with keto a couple of those times but didn't stick with it; now I'm basically counting CICO as well.

It really does help to have supportive friends to give a pat on the back as well as a boot in the pants when needed.

Feel free to add me.
  • oneillp302
    oneillp302 Posts: 7 Member
    Also in the late 30s and been on and off MFP a few times and that's ok! Try and make more good days than bad and it will all be ok.

Training and being active is great and helps to get the extra motivation.

Feel free to add me.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    So I admit, I rage quit Myfitnesspal awhile back because I felt like everything I tried wasn't working. I became incredibly discouraged and depressed ..ate my weight in chocolate chip cookies and drowned my sorrows binge watching Bob's Burgers while eating...burgers. Kinda what I do, I self sabotage. However, I'm pushing the 40's and there won't be a lot of opportunities left to really bite the bullet and get fit. I've kept saying "Oh tomorrow I'll start" ..and time passes so quickly. I'm a little late in the game though. A lot of people took Covid as the opportunity to become better versions of themselves.. however I did no such thing lol.

Looking back I'm a little disappointed at myself but I'm here and ready. I've lost 25 lbs so far before joining MFP again and I do need help in logging calories. This intuitive eating stuff doesn't seem to work well for me. *shrug* live and learn. Some activities I love are archery, axe throwing, finding hidden forest trails that lead to no where (most times), kick boxing, weight training and watching fitness competitions with envy and admiration. <3

@_MoodyFoodie

I am going to go out on a limb here and suggest that you have a really hard time remaining patient and objective when trying to lose in the past. Trying "everything" usually means watching the scale like a hawk and adjusting strategies all the time in ever increasing levels of deprivation and intense exercise. Eventually you snap and eat all the food and then later decide it was a lack of willpower and you just don't want it bad enough.

Maybe that is not entirely your deal, maybe some of it is, it was certainly my deal and for a very long time. BTW, whatever you think is going to happen at 40, isn't. I lost a ridiculous and life changing amount of weight starting just before my 48th birthday.

Forget intuitive eating, at least for now. If that is your future then let it be your future after you have gotten off all the weight you want to lose and you have been maintaining it for a time.

What you need to know about the whole process will likely require unlearning some of the common weight loss lies and learning what is real.

But to start, what help do you need with logging? Do you have a food scale?