Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) MAY - It WORKS! Join Us!

MadisonMolly2017
MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
edited April 2021 in Challenges
The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND life-changing healthy habits.

This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.
You are the boss of which exercises you do; how high your calorie limit will be; and whether to ‘eat-back’ exercise calories burned.

The accountability is regularly posting your daily results for:
1) At least 20 minutes of daily exercise;
2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month

Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification.

Those who continue to post throughout the month are honored as UAC Champions. Consistent thoughtful caloric intake; exercise; tracking and posting make Champions
Click this link and add your name to join us today!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140417-ultimate-accountability-challenge-may-2021

Replies

• Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    As @MadisonMolly2017 says above, this challenge works! I have been part of it for a while. I fail a lot, come and go, but the community is extremely supportive, generous with praise and positive feedback and I was very proud to be in the Winners' Circle last month. I am a Champion this month. It's fun as well! Lots of Members' posts make me smile or laugh outright. People are very open, sharing their struggles, so you don't feel you are alone in battling pounds, ounces, kilos or desperately trying to maintain your ideal weight.
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    And it works better than I thought
    In April I had not a single day without some kind of exercise, I ate well and I said goodbye to 5.6kg (12.4lbs) :)
    Accomplishing these alone without support is not that easy
    Join us!
    8cnrv2zdp4nr.png
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,747 Member
    love this group!!!
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,259 Member
    I have been in this group for at least 1 year.

These 3 principles

1) At least 20 minutes of daily exercise;
    2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
    3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories

have help me to maintain.

Join and you will not regret...
  • cjane917
    cjane917 Posts: 688 Member
    This is a great group! It helps me develop strong long-term habits and stick to my goals. I love the friendly supportive group!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    We hope you’ll consider joining us in May! It’s never too late!

Remember:
    You get to set your calorie goal.
    You assess whether or not you hit that.

You get decide what you consider to exercise for you!
    You determine whether you completed a minimum of 20 minutes “

You figure out how you’d like to track your eating & decide whether you did so.

YOU are in charge!

This is a caring & supportive group!

Here’s the link for May!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140417-ultimate-accountability-challenge-may-2021
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    This really is a great group! It keeps me accountable so that I don't allow myself to make too many exceptions to staying on track with my food choices!
  • TennGal85
    TennGal85 Posts: 82 Member
    edited May 2021
    Rejoining for May. I really need the accountability to make it to my goal weight for health reasons. In March I was able to lose about 10 of the Covid weight I gained. April was a wash for me as there were too many distractions in my life, and only lost about 2 pounds.

For May, I have three goals to help me keep motivated:

1. Be in the 220s (pre-Covid, I'm so close!!)
    2. Have exercised at least 20 minutes each day
    3. Drink more water daily (and less Diet Coke)
  • Higa2021
    Higa2021 Posts: 106 Member
    Okay, you've convinced me! I'm in!
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,828 Member
    It is May 1st, if you have not yet joined, then today is the day!

The UAC is a great group. I have been in it for 7 months, but @RangerRickL has been leading it for years. It is a great blend of old and new members, and the support for each other is strong. This thread is a testament for that dynamic. Our leader, Rick, is rather occupied for a couple days driving with his horse, dog, and wife from Arizona to Illinois. Consequently, group member @MadisonMolly2017 began this thread. That illustrates the dynamic of the UAC. Everyone comes together.

What are the benefits if the UAC? IMO the UAC focuses on healthy habit formation. I personally have enjoyed significant weight loss and reached dial in 3+ months, but the greatest impact the UAC has made on my life is the idea of including exercise daily, and I have seen the benefit. Right now, the UAC is helping me focus on maintenance, which is something I have always found challenging.

So if you are reading this and not yet a member, think about your goals and join us in the May UAC. See you in the flip side!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Higa2021 wrote: »
    Okay, you've convinced me! I'm in!

@Higa2021 Fantastic!
    Welcome aboard!!
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,828 Member
    I love seeing the new faces that made to the May UAC!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    OK, I'm in!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    OK, I'm in!

Awesome @WhatMeRunning (great name!)
    Welcome aboard, and
    Please let us know if you have any questions!!

Cheers!
    Maddie