fza2b8v8hjxq.jpeg

Replies

• Stargaze80
    Stargaze80 Posts: 8 Member
    Nicely done <3
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Well done! :)

I don't have PCOS, but I have friends who do. I've read that weight loss can lead to a significant improvement in PCOS. Have you noticed any improvement?
  • Krylee23
    Krylee23 Posts: 10 Member
    Did you follow a specific diet? I was recently diagnosed with PCOS and my doctor suggested low carb (between 40-60g net). So far I've lost about 8 pounds and am feeling much better but I'm interested in hearing other people's experience!
  • tashahueifit
    tashahueifit Posts: 80 Member
    Well done! You are glowing :)

Thank you so much 🤍
  • tashahueifit
    Stargaze80 wrote: »
    Nicely done <3

Thank you!! 😘
  • tashahueifit
    I have PCOS.I am 67 year old.. I started counting calories 29 days ago. My weight is down 4pounds approximately.I want to lose around 27 pounds in total. At my age this seems reasonable. I am very aware of how to eat in a healthy manner. My way of exercising is just walking daily. Congratulations in your success with weight loss. Good to know that it can be done naturally. It gives me hope also. My extreme hunger seems to be managed while calorie counting.

Hi! Firstly I am so proud of you for your weight loss so far! It’s certainly not easy to lose weight with PCOS but if you stay consistent, it is very doable.
    Secondly, I am not a medical/ healthcare professional in any way, but what I did was address what type of PCOS I have (there’s a few types like insulin resistance PCOS, adrenal PCOS and so on..). So once you address the type of PCOS you have, you can kind of work your way from there. For me, I believe I have insulin resistant PCOS. Meaning that my cells are insulin resistant. Hence I have been advised by my doctor to go low carb, and i definitely notice weight loss by going low carb. My periods aren’t regular yet but I notice a little bit of pre-period symptoms (backache etc) so I hope it regulates soon.

Walking is a great exercise to do! Keep it up.

I too have extreme hunger but I notice that it comes when I have a lot of carbs/ sugar. Now I’m trying to incorporate more protein/ fiber/ healthy fats in my meals and that keeps me fuller for a longer period of time.
    My doctor has me on metformin (500mg twice a day) and that has helped me a little bit with my weight loss/ hunger issues.
    I believe there are other alternatives to metformin too so you can check it out.

Sorry for the long post but you can check out @healthypcos_ on Instagram! They are very informative about how to manage PCOS and provide a lot of support for us ladies.

Once again congratulations on your weight loss and keep pushing 🤍
  • tashahueifit
    mmnv79 wrote: »
    Well done! :)

I don't have PCOS, but I have friends who do. I've read that weight loss can lead to a significant improvement in PCOS. Have you noticed any improvement?

Yes I read that too! So far my periods haven’t become regular yet, but I’m definitely noticing some PMS symptoms (lower backache) etc.
    One of the major improvements I’ve seen is that my hair drops less, and is much more healthy-looking! I also feel like I have more energy and require less naps/ rest.

My goal this year is to regulate my period :) I’ll be so happy when it finally happens 💓

Thank you for your support 😄
  • tashahueifit
    Krylee23 wrote: »
    Did you follow a specific diet? I was recently diagnosed with PCOS and my doctor suggested low carb (between 40-60g net). So far I've lost about 8 pounds and am feeling much better but I'm interested in hearing other people's experience!

Congratulations on your weight loss! I know how difficult it can be for us PCOS ladies.
    Yes in fact I was diagnosed back then in early 2019 but never really bothered to do anything about it (yes I was in denial). End of 2019 I started eating healthier and tried all sorts of exercises but I noticed the weight wouldn’t really come off much, and would climb back on very easily.

In January 2021 my doctor advised me to go on a low carb diet (he didn’t specify how much) but I’ve been trying to go below 100g and I have seen improvements! Otherwise I have been consistently doing a combination of weighted workouts and going on regular walks. 😄

My goal now is to regulate my periods. Hoping it’ll become a reality by this year 🤭

Congratulations again and keep pushing! 💓
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!