Old member, new and hopefully final start

altomg
altomg Posts: 3 Member
Been a member for nearly 10 years when I started a weight loss journey in 2011. Something clicked back then and was really focused on achieving my goal. Admittedly "kick started" my loss for a couple months with HCG (sorry) but stayed on track and really maintained a very comfortable weight for 3 years or so with just good diet and exercise. Completely ruptured my achilles tendon playing backyard football with college kids half my age in late 2014, and have just slipped ever since. Have had a couple failed attempts in last few years, and really trying focus one last time and get this ship righted once and for all. Expecting a tough battle mentally to get through it. It is so discouraging to look at all my weight history in MFP and see how far it is just to get back to where I started the journey 10 years ago from where I am now lol! 40 lbs to just get back to where I said enough was enough 10 years ago!

Replies

• bettysboops03
    bettysboops03 Posts: 13 Member
    But you've made the first step back. You can do this!!!!!👏👏
  • altomg
    Thank you!
  • Back_4_more
    Back_4_more Posts: 92 Member
    That's almost a mirror image of me. But I started in '15 was good for 3 years or so and I tore my Achilles about 2 years ago. Been struggling ever since. I'm down around 15lbs in the last 6 weeks and have 40 to go but feeling the commitment of the last 6 weeks slipping away
  • altomg
    Thank you for sharing, good to hear of similar struggles though would not wish them on anyone! Stick to it, and looking forward to getting to a 6 week mark with great results like that!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited May 2021
    @altomg Throw that old mindset out with bathwater. Clear the decks and clean the slate. There's no such thing as the perfect day to begin and there's no such thing as the Finish Line. This time, change it all UP. Don't look back in the rearview mirror. We can't coast on yesterday's laurels. That ship has sailed.

Doing what you've always done will get you what you've always gotten. Simply ACT. Tiny steps for tiny feet.
    It's focus and consistency, consistency, consistency for the WIN. On a one meal/one day on a daily basis you can pull this train out of the station and keep moving down the tracks. So much of this stuff is mental. It begins minute by minute and meal by meal and day by day. Then it turns into year after year. I've been here every day for 5 years now.

Create your daily routine. Keep your head engaged in the process. Don't overthink what happens at the 6 week mark or the 6 month mark or the 6 year mark. There's no such thing as the Finish Line when it comes to your overall health and finding weight stability. Do everything on your own terms but do it with consistency, consistency, consistency.

• swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Altomg
    Same! Good luck! I know we can all get there!