Accountability Buddy

Hello Everyone!

Any takers for an accountability buddy?

My name is Spencer and I am 27 years old. I am a full-time mamma of a 1 year old little babe, and a full-time wife to the greatest guy on earth!

I need to lose weight in the worst way.... my biggest problem? Snacking. I'm the woooorrrrrsssst snacker. And it would be amazing if I had someone (or even several gals) to chat with when I get a craving!

I'm sure we could all use a community of gals inspiring one another, and helping each other on the up and up!

Thank you,
S

Replies

• abigailetches
    abigailetches Posts: 20 Member
    Hello,
    I would love to be your buddy. I need one too! I am 50, a Teacher and have a son and hubby. I would love to lose 20lbs by August. I've been on this journey since March 21 2021. Perhaps we can work to motivate each other and help each other through the rough patches. I have been off sugar (wine, desserts and carbs) for more than 6 weeks now. I have lost about 7-8 lbs. I workout 4 days a week (elliptical 30min) and walk for about an hour with my puppy about 2-3 days a week. I am starting to lose motivation because my effort is not being represented on the scale.

I think it would be great to have a buddy!

Thank you,

D
  • kndreuter
    kndreuter Posts: 2 Member
    Hi!
    I’d love to join and be a buddy. I’m 37 with 3 kids. I’m also a teacher. I’ve been wanting to make changes but I’m a huge snacker as well with a big sweet tooth! It would be great to have some company through the struggle!
    -K
  • spenceh12
    spenceh12 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello,
    I would love to be your buddy. I need one too! I am 50, a Teacher and have a son and hubby. I would love to lose 20lbs by August. I've been on this journey since March 21 2021. Perhaps we can work to motivate each other and help each other through the rough patches. I have been off sugar (wine, desserts and carbs) for more than 6 weeks now. I have lost about 7-8 lbs. I workout 4 days a week (elliptical 30min) and walk for about an hour with my puppy about 2-3 days a week. I am starting to lose motivation because my effort is not being represented on the scale.

I think it would be great to have a buddy!

Thank you,

D

Hi!!!!

Yes, I absolutely get it! Let's be buddies! We can do this. I'm usually on here every day, so I will definitely reach out, and anytime you reach out, I will respond. Iron sharpens iron!
  • spenceh12
    kndreuter wrote: »
    Hi!
    I’d love to join and be a buddy. I’m 37 with 3 kids. I’m also a teacher. I’ve been wanting to make changes but I’m a huge snacker as well with a big sweet tooth! It would be great to have some company through the struggle!
    -K

Wooohoooo! Yes, let's do this! I have a terrible sweet tooth also! So I need a ton of support as well. I will definitely reach out for support! Hahaha thanks so much for joining me.
  • abigailetches
    I loathe technology. I don't know how to respond to each message 😕

As for sweet tooth: I love sugar and wine and all that. I have no self control. But for lots of reasons I decided to stop sugar and carbs and ofcourse wine and see how I am. Surprisingly, by eating the protein and veges, stir fry, baked/grilled in the oven or barbecue and eating strawberries and banana at times and drinking tea and lots and lots of water has for whatever reason kept me off the sweets. There is wine at my house. But, I am able to look at it and keep going. I do find I eat almonds a lot. I need to cut back on it. I'm sharing about what im doing in the hopes that it may possibly work for you. I want you to know that eating this way has somehow lessend my sugar cravings. If I can do it, you can too!
    I need to stop weighing every day. At first it was great cos the weight was decreasing. Now that it's stopped or increasing it just isn't nice. Yes, my clothes fit better. But I really want to look great for a wedding in August if if it happens with all this Covid.

Because I'm short it isn't nice seeing all this fat on me.

Will I ever move based on what im doing?
  • GamaHealth
    GamaHealth Posts: 5 Member
    Ooh friends? I am 26 years old and a mom to a 2 year old daughter, and married to my sweet husband Sean. I’m looking for a girlfriend to share this journey with since you know how husbands can be. :D
    Idk how this works though, I’m freshly new to the community part of the MyFitnessPal app. Maybe you can message me :)
  • spenceh12
    Hi @GamaHealth 😃
    Welcome! I'm new too 😍

I know there's a way to add each other as friends.... but I haven't figure it out yet! Add me as a friend if you figure out how!
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 27 Member
    I'd love to buddy up. Snacking is definately my downfall too, and with my work closed due to lockdown for 8 months there has been far too much boredom grazing. Hoping to loose 40lbs more, 11 gone so far (ideally by mid September when I have a family wedding although that's probably a bit ambitious!)
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Hi! I need a buddy, too. I have good days but a day with lunch out throws me still. I eat half and bring the other part home for dinner. I’m actually okay with that, but I end up eating a slice of cake or whatever if it’s a party lunch. Something I don’t eat these days. It really makes me crazy when I’m working so hard at home most days to be good. Also, my husband wants fried pickles for dinner!! Crazy!
  • abigailetches
    Welcome everyone! Went on a walk, burned 261 cal. Going to do the elliptical now. What's everyone else up to?

Spencer, how do you reply to each person's message like you did with mine and Gama's. How do you do that @ symbol. Told you I am not good at it :)
  • GamaHealth
    I drank a green smoothing this morning thinking it was healthy, but once I inserted into my fitness pal app, it said it was full of sugar! I got discouraged and had a big lunch- big Greek wrap with zucchini fries, and ranch, ahh! This place is down my street and I can’t seem to keep myself away from it!! Today, I will go on a walk around my neighborhood for 30 minutes at 6:15 pm. #slowprogressbutprogress
  • GamaHealth
    I’m back from my walk and feel good that I went on one! Thanks guys!
  • sneakygirl40
    sneakygirl40 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi, definitely need accountability buddies. My biggest hang ups are blood sugar & food allergies. Trying not to eat the things you used to love eating is hard (apples). Finding out what is in the foods I'm eating has been a great frustration too. Sometimes it's hard to find motivation to go through the whole process but seeing progress even if it's slow keeps me going.
  • abigailetches
    That's great GamaHealth! I agree sneakygirl40! I went for 2 walks and did the elliptical. Burned about 1700 calories. I ate sauteed cabbage, peppers and zucchini with some meatballs made from veal for lunch. Tonight it will be homemade hamburger with ground beef and pork. I will made a vinaigrette Caesar dressing and have a salad with it. No bun for the burger.
  • jjchristensen1993
    jjchristensen1993 Posts: 8 Member
    I would love an accountability buddy! I'm a work from home mom doing finance with 4 kids under 4. I have some big goals that I'm whittling away at but community is nice.
  • kndreuter
    kndreuter Posts: 2 Member
    Hey all,
    Any advice for staying strong during cravings? I can go most of the day just fine but I get hone from work and just want to eat junk before supper 😩. I’m a little embarrassed- I didn’t think eating healthy would be this hard!
  • sneakygirl40
    sneakygirl40 Posts: 4 Member
    Abigailetches that sounds amazing. Kndreuter I struggle with the cravings too. I had to get rid of all the sugary snacks. I now keep flavored pistachios, turkey or bison jerky, & bananas to have as a possible snack. The snackwell app has helped alot at the grocery for finding items I can have and alternative options for what I can't.
  • abigailetches
    Kndreuter, yes, the sugar is just so brutal. Perhaps try drinking water or tea. Also, the snacks suggested by sneakygirl40 seem to be good also. I think protein based snacks will help take longer to digest and so will keep you full longer. That seems to help a bit for me. Although last night my husband made fries for the burgers and I really wanted to eat some, but didn't. JJchristensen1993 - wow, 4 kids under 4 and work. Oh my. That's ambitious you trying to also get weight under control. My priority would be to stay sane :) . Went for a walk and burned about 258cal. Now, gonna clean the house :(.
  • jamieilers346
    jamieilers346 Posts: 6 Member
    I don't know how to add friends on My Fitness Pal, but if you do and want to add me, please do! I'm 37 years old, have 2 kids (ages 9 and 5), and none of my friends or family are on this app. I'm slowly getting my husband on board with working out with me and eating healthier, but would live some girl friend motivation as well! I'll be 38 in 6 months and my goal is to be loose 40 pounds before I'm 40...so 2.2 pounds a month. Hopefully more than that, but starting with realistic expectations! My goals for this week are to try a few new recipies (1 breakfast, 2 lunch, 2 dinner, 1 snack), do something for fitness each day (walk, bike, work out at home), and work up to the recommended water goal! Let me know if you want to be motivation buddies (and how to add each other)!
  • jamieilers346
    jamieilers346 Posts: 6 Member
    kndreuter wrote: »
    Hey all,
    Any advice for staying strong during cravings? I can go most of the day just fine but I get hone from work and just want to eat junk before supper 😩. I’m a little embarrassed- I didn’t think eating healthy would be this hard!

I read one of the blogs on here that said to pick healthier but not super desirable foods...they worded it differently, but basically things you LIKE, but don't LOVE. For example, I got some rice cakes and popcorn, which I do like, but they're not too high in calories and they help me not feel "starving" but I don't over eat because they're just okay. I have less control with foods I love, like anything sweet! Another thing I've been trying is popping a piece of gum in my mouth before I get out of the car, then I'm less tempted to snack while I'm making dinner. Good luck...let me know if you find any tips that work for you!