giving up coffee (caffeine)

Options
2»

Replies

• sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I am pretty much off caffeine now. The last two days I have had NO energy at all. I force myself to go out and run. I usually do 5-6 miles yesterday I forced myself to do 4. Has made NO difference in my insomnia....had 3 hours sleep last night and feeling very down.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    sarah7591 wrote: »
    Update- I am doing great on decreasing the caffeine. I am making it 3:parts decaf and 1 part caffeine. I have noticed no ill effects. No headaches and my energy is still OK. In another 2-3 weeks I'll try complete decaf. I love the coffee so I won't give that up it's the caffeine I don't want to be addicted to.
    @Safari_Gal_ ....how are you cutting down? Wish you the best...we can do this!
    Haven't really noticed much help with the insomnia.

Hey Sarah! @sarah7591 ... I’ve been letting myself have 2 cups in the morning .. every now and then I have a “get up and glow” caffeine/collagen peptides drink... I just don’t have the extra cups at work. I have been keeping a bottle of water on desk and when I get the urge to swoop by the coffee machine - I take a few swigs! Haven’t noticed any changes in energy or sleep... but less caffeine couldn’t hurt me either! (Don’t think 🤔)