Anyone else having issues with Myfitnesspal?

Options
Dwade0981
Dwade0981 Posts: 13 Member
Yesterday I entered my data and it said what my total is. but didn't say the remaining. today I log in and its all at 000000000 across the board on total, on remaining and for my goal. it shows 000000 on everything under food entry.

Replies

• Thysville
    Thysville Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It hasn’t been working correctly for a few days. The App on my iPhone or iPad will not connect but I can still record my diary using the Web Site. They will sort it out soon. These things happen occasionally.
  • Thysville
    Thysville Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hopefully they have a competent company like ‘bug snag’ on the job? Probably quite difficult to fix over the weekend.
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Lots of problems this last month or so
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to view profile pages for a number of days and have been getting other "strange" errors sporadically.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    I uninstalled the app because it wasn't working correctly and now when I try to reinstall it, the MFP app doesn't show up in the Google Play store at all.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,257 Member
    Options
    You will get used to it but unfortunately it always has a few glitches from time to time.
  • Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I uninstalled the app because it wasn't working correctly and now when I try to reinstall it, the MFP app doesn't show up in the Google Play store at all.

It's been renamed as calorie counter- my fitness pal and if your phone is android then it's not compatible with their app :(
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options

It's been renamed as calorie counter- my fitness pal and if your phone is android then it's not compatible with their app :(

Thanks for letting me know. I was letting the hope of getting it to work again weigh in my consideration of getting a new phone, so I can discount that as one of the benefits to consider (no interest in switching to an iPhone).
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options

I'm using Android, why do you say it's not compatible?
  • Mangoperson88
    Options

I'm not American. My phone is not from an American brand. I live in India and the model I use is not compatible with it
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options

I'm not American. My phone is not from an American brand. I live in India and the model I use is not compatible with it

I'm not American or in America either, I have a European Android device and it works.
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    Options

I'm not American or in America either, I have a European Android device and it works.

Maybe it depends on which version of Android is being used. Most apps require a certain version or higher, and if their phone is old-ish, it may not work. (I know that because it happens to me a lot. :D )
  • Mangoperson88
    edited May 2021
    Options
    A couple of people on my FL also complained that they can't download the app on their phone as they use Android and they're from USA :|
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    It's absolutely available for Android in the US: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.myfitnesspal.android&hl=en_US&gl=US

There might be issues with older versions, but it's available.

• tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    My phone is a huawei P10 lite from about 3-4 years ago. Android device and it works....
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    It's absolutely available for Android in the US: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.myfitnesspal.android&hl=en_US&gl=US

There might be issues with older versions, but it's available.

I checked this link in the computer, just out of curiosity. It says the app requires "Android 8.0 and up". When I search the app on my phone, it doesn't even show up, because my Android version is lower than required. I'm guessing that's what's happening to folks who can't find it in Google Play.