My first day!

AriellaSteps
AriellaSteps Posts: 4 Member
edited May 2021 in Introduce Yourself
I am restarting, I was in my Fitness Pal years ago (2016), and I came back (even with more weight thatn before ;(...I am prediabetic. suffer for very high blood pressure and sometimes I have to take antidepressants...I am a mess. My personal life is not perfect but I am happy ...I lack quality of life and I am not aging gracefully due to my weight. I am 50 years old, a teacher and love a good laugh!
I would like to build a network of friends and pals to do treadmill walks and indoor bike routines. I am very very sedentary and had been most of my life. I need to lose 50 lbs...but even more important that the weight itself...I need to change my lifestyle. I am an open minded person and like to think of myself as a good listener. I don't have friends that want to change their lifestyle right now ,so I would love to make friends with the goal of getting healthier. Since I believe I have a strong hereditary and emotional tendency to gain weight...I want to stay in this community for as long as I can...without support I am not able to succeed...
If you are starting your journey, sent me a message, I am actively looking for a fitness pal :)
Thank youuu...Ariella

Replies

• Hodgy2357
    Hodgy2357 Posts: 60 Member
    I'm a re-starter too!

I'm not even going to think of how much I want to loose! From a clinical level I'm obese. I'm in my late 40's and focusing my efforts on fitness and happiness. This has been a tough year all round, time to just be kind to ourselves.

Planning to enjoy the journey. Friends very welcome.

• thin1dayplease
    thin1dayplease Posts: 291 Member
    edited May 2021
    I am a bit older, started yesterday angry and disgusted. Spent today overwhelmed finding my way around here. I will be your friend, I have 3 or 5 times the amount to lose.

I have started a journey into the unknown.

Sorry to hear you're feeling overwhelmed. Just take things a day at a time for now or even hour by hour. Small steps towards main goal. You can do this!!
  • LeeAWatt2021
    LeeAWatt2021 Posts: 14 Member
    I am in my late 50s and started in January. I walk..it's the only form of exercise other than swimming that I enjoy and that doesn't hurt my hips/knees. Pools are closed here due to covid so walking is my thing. I aim for 10,000 steps a day and 6-8 kms/day (3-4 miles). I am focused on getting healthier (lower bp, lower cholesterol, lower resting heart rate, more energy, and avoiding diabetes which runs in my family).
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I started MFP on May 28, 2019 at 67 years old and 350 lbs....I am tall at 5’ 9” and large framed...as of this morning I weighed 245 lbs....that’s 105 lbs in less than 2 years....I was pre diabetic, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and sedentary getting only about 1500 steps a day....my days revolved around sleeping , eating, and thinking what to eat next....shopping I had to use a motorized cart and I could not stand to prepare an entire dinner....I kept a chair in the kitchen for sit down breaks.....I did NO exercise until a year ago when I started swimming again...

Today I went to the gym and rode the bike for 20 minutes without stopping....got in the pool and swam for 30 minutes followed by water jogging for 20 and then water aerobics for 30 more minutes....came home and fixed lunch, prepped dinner, dusted the entire house and baked a batch of home made brownies for my grands...then I made some black bean and corn salsa for my snack this evening with tortilla chips....fixed dinner and cleaned up the kitchen!....

To say my life has changed for the better is an understatement....I will be 70 in July and I feel and look better than I have in many years...I suffer from Binge Eating, depression, and stress...BUT it is so much better...my blood pressure meds have been cut in half and my blood tests are great, no longer a diabetes risk....I wasted so many years being over weight....I have two fully replaced knees, I have had shoulder and back surgery....if I can lose weight, anyone can....no excuses....sure I have some bad days and my food isn’t always perfect but I keep on traveling my journey to better health!

Losing weight is hard...being over weight is hard....choose your hard!

I am accepting friend requests and my diary is always open!...
  • conniewilkins56
    An average day of steps is now about 4000.... I really hope to be able to walk more when I lose more weight!
  • conniewilkins56
  • conniewilkins56
    I am restarting, I was in my Fitness Pal years ago (2016), and I came back (even with more weight thatn before ;(...I am prediabetic. suffer for very high blood pressure and sometimes I have to take antidepressants...I am a mess. My personal life is not perfect but I am happy ...I lack quality of life and I am not aging gracefully due to my weight. I am 50 years old, a teacher and love a good laugh!
    I would like to build a network of friends and pals to do treadmill walks and indoor bike routines. I am very very sedentary and had been most of my life. I need to lose 50 lbs...but even more important that the weight itself...I need to change my lifestyle. I am an open minded person and like to think of myself as a good listener. I don't have friends that want to change their lifestyle right now ,so I would love to make friends with the goal of getting healthier. Since I believe I have a strong hereditary and emotional tendency to gain weight...I want to stay in this community for as long as I can...without support I am not able to succeed...
    If you are starting your journey, sent me a message, I am actively looking for a fitness pal :)
    Thank youuu...Ariella

You can do this!
  • nwnightowl206
    nwnightowl206 Posts: 20 Member
    I'd be happy to be part of your tribe. I am 57 and have about 55 to lose. I am in a very rural area and surrounded by people who don't really think about health, everyone at the place I work has horrible eating habits. I hope you stay and find the support you need. Send me a friend request if you want, I have to figure out how to do it again lol.