400+ down, looking for a writer.

Options
2»

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Just start writing. It might require some clean-up by a professional but it will still, mostly, be your own words.

When/if you get interviewed or if you begin writing I encourage you to create resonance by being inspiring but not being the hero of your reader's/audience's story. Make them the hero.

By the time I am done, and I am mostly done, I will have lost close to 300 pounds myself. I do not consider it a source of pride that I have done it while so many have failed. I consider it something to address and fix. I do not want to be special. I want everyone that has weight to lose to be able to lose it and my story be common. I am sure you have been places and treated almost like a celebrity. I have received that treatment and it saddens me.
  • humankevinjones
    humankevinjones Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Just start writing. It might require some clean-up by a professional but it will still, mostly, be your own words.

When/if you get interviewed or if you begin writing I encourage you to create resonance by being inspiring but not being the hero of your reader's/audience's story. Make them the hero.

By the time I am done, and I am mostly done, I will have lost close to 300 pounds myself. I do not consider it a source of pride that I have done it while so many have failed. I consider it something to address and fix. I do not want to be special. I want everyone that has weight to lose to be able to lose it and my story be common. I am sure you have been places and treated almost like a celebrity. I have received that treatment and it saddens me.

I don't know how to respond to this. I'd congratulate you on your own success but you went out of your way to say praise depresses you so um, thanks for reading I guess?
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »

I don't know how to respond to this. I'd congratulate you on your own success but you went out of your way to say praise depresses you so um, thanks for reading I guess?

Communicating on a message board has drawbacks. I didn't really explain myself as well as I should have.

I, like you, know what it is like to suffer by being quite large. I am not sure to what degree you felt disabled but I was quite disabled. I am constantly happy with my weight loss. I am free to do things I haven't been able to do in many years. Some of them quite ordinary like just fitting in a restaurant booth which is still exciting after more than a year and a half of reacquiring the ability. That happiness translates in wanting it for others. I don't mind praise but when people make a huge deal out of it I am reminded that my story is unique... too unique. I don't want to be unique, I want others to be happy.

What I wrote below might explain it further:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10815550/mine-is-not-a-success-story/p1

• PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I may not know you Kevin, but I am really proud of you!
  • Sweatspiration
    Sweatspiration Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Check Reedsy for a ghostwriter or co-writer.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!