help with food and nutrition

Hi everyone, my health history involves high cholesterol and diabetes unfortunately. I eat the Mediterranean way of eating and recently had a better report for my cholesterol (not completely better..still working on getting the numbers higher on the good and lower on the bad). But my glucose fasting sugar jumped way up in a 3 month period. Any suggestions to attack these glucose amounts now???? Thanking you all in advance

Replies

• penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Not to be flippant, but, what does your doctor say about it? I have a few family members with these conditions, and they have dietitians as part of the team that helps manage their health.
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 873 Member
    I will 2nd the above opinion for you to talk to your doctor about it. Macros all affect how your body uses the sugar/carbs you put into it.

Do you have Type I or Type II diabetes? I have a close friend with Type I and I know that she was having huge trouble getting her levels under control until she got a monitor that sends real-time data to her doctor so they can talk about it when she goes for a visit.

I'd think your insurance would cover something about a dietitian or other educational-type class for diabetes.