Can you take protein shakes even if you don't work out?

Options
With 2 small kids 3 month old and 2 years old I don't get time to workout. But if I want to add my vegan protein powder to a morning shake can I?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Of course. It's just protein. You'd eat chicken or beans or tofu even if you didn't work out . . . same with protein powder. If it fits in your calorie goal and meets your nutritional needs, why not?
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I drink a protein shake pretty much every morning as my breakfast at work and then I sit in front of a computer all day so no worries :)
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Straight protein powder is a supplement. It is commonly used by people that work out but it is not exclusively for them or even needed by them if their normal food diet is rich in protein. Some days I use it, others I do not.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    With 2 small kids 3 month old and 2 years old I don't get time to workout. But if I want to add my vegan protein powder to a morning shake can I?

It's just protein in supplement form...it's like, can you eat chicken if you're not working out? Yes...of course you can. I guess the only question I would have is, is there a reason? Protein powders are just supplements to help people hit their protein targets...which are sometimes very lofty (often unnecessarily so). I have a whey protein supplement at home, but I only really use it occasionally. I get far more satisfaction from chewing, so I try to get most of my protein by eating it.
  • DeButterflyx
    DeButterflyx Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone
  • dreamer182
    dreamer182 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Of course! It just helps you meet your protein goals even if you don't workout. I love the PEScience vegan protein powder because its tastes good and mixes super well. I use the code SCRIPTS for 15% off all their products and they sell samples too