In great shape but no libido and pooping like a rabbit!!!!

Does anyone ever manage to do the lot, low body fat, good muscle definition, poop normally and maintain their libido and maintain it. And if so how?

Replies

• MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    I got there for about 2 months and then hit a wall. Lost track of my salts.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    Does anyone ever manage to do the lot, low body fat, good muscle definition, poop normally and maintain their libido and maintain it. And if so how?

Are you asking as a guy?

If so, I've done it for quite some time -- managed to do the lot as a 70 yr old man.

BF has been as low as 8% but mostly 12-13% as measured by DEXA and hydro. I have well defined & vascular arms, well defined but not vascular legs, a shadow of a 6 pack (never could get it well defined; genetics) and decent pec size and back definition based on all of the lifting I did in the past and rowing that I do regularly now. I poop regularly/normally and still "do it" at my age (just not always on "command"). LOL! ;)

Had my T-levels checked around 5 years ago, just out of curiosity, and they were fine. If "libido" is an issue for you, that's something you might want to have checked too.

As for pooping, if you're drinking enough water & consuming enough fiber, that's something you should discuss w/a doctor and/or a dietician/nutritionist.

Muscle definition is a product of what you've been doing for exercise, your BF/muscle ratio and genetics.

If you don't have the muscular build/definition you want, there are all kinds of programs you could choose to target those areas that you think need work. Best to search the Net and/or speak w/a personal trainer about that if you need help but, like me, you may find that there are some things you just have to accept due to your genetics.

Good luck!

• davew0000
    davew0000 Posts: 125 Member
    I’m interested in what drives amateurs and hobbyists to get to really low body fat levels.

I can understand the motivation of professional body builders... people whose main goal in life is their physique.

I view Martin Strebl as freakish and fascinating, like a human art installation. A bit like those full body tattoo people but more interesting anatomically.

What is the motivation for regular people to take their body fat to levels that might start messing with their biochemistry?

Speaking personally, at an estimated 13-14% body fat, I’d like to be able to get rid of my lower belly subcutaneous fat. Is it that there’s always a further improvement to make?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,905 Member
    @davew0000

I'm taking a guess that it becomes an obsession, a behavioral addiction of sorts. Any pursuit can be taken too far.
  • davew0000
    davew0000 Posts: 125 Member
    BTW - that should be Helmut Strebl, of course
  • timsethna
    timsethna Posts: 10 Member
    Get bloodwork done. I mean a full blood panel. Could be a multitude of problems. Hormones, macros, heart health, training. There is a lot to consider but I personally think everyone should have bloodwork done at least once a year. I do it twice a year but I am 53 and want to be around for a while lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,452 Member
    davew0000 wrote: »
    I’m interested in what drives amateurs and hobbyists to get to really low body fat levels.

I can understand the motivation of professional body builders... people whose main goal in life is their physique.

I view Martin Strebl as freakish and fascinating, like a human art installation. A bit like those full body tattoo people but more interesting anatomically.

What is the motivation for regular people to take their body fat to levels that might start messing with their biochemistry?

Speaking personally, at an estimated 13-14% body fat, I’d like to be able to get rid of my lower belly subcutaneous fat. Is it that there’s always a further improvement to make?
    VANITY. Main reason.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    OP: I'm just curious how you know the details of how rabbits poop, and why you know? 😆😆