How do we remove excess fat from our body?

yesimkaya
yesimkaya Posts: 3 Member
edited May 2021 in Food and Nutrition
A lot of things are written about fat burning. But the most important things is always overlooked. If you can't breathe well, you can't burn fat. Why? I'm waiting for your ideas

Replies

• GigiAgape1981
    GigiAgape1981 Posts: 64 Member
    This. ^
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Fat is excess stored energy. You lose it by using it. If you create a calorie deficit (eat slightly less food than you burn) you will use it.

If you struggle to breath it would probably impact your daily movement. If that is the case you would have less calories to work with which can be a hindrance but would not prevent fat loss in a calorie deficit. Nothing aside from God can prevent the use of stored energy in a calorie deficit except death.
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    To be more reasonable (IMO) than my initial response:

If the underlying claim is that people who have a breathing difficulty inherently have trouble losing weight solely because of that breathing difficulty's impact on how they burn calories, I'm a skeptic. Possible that they have *some* calorie expenditure difficulty, but probably the majority of it would be from movement inclinations/limitations caused by the breathing difficulty, not from the breathing difficulty's impact on BMR/RMR, it seems like. I admit I'm speculating, not relying on published research.

Truth in advertising: I'm a li'l ol' lady with - they tell me - early stage COPD, but zero limitations currently caused by that condition, as far as I can tell. I burn calories fine, lose weight equally fine.

Most people I know with major breathing difficulty tend to be thinner than average - or necessarily desirable. I think some of the theory is that breathing is harder work, mechanically, so they tend to burn MORE calories breathing than the other way around.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited May 2021
    This is what happened. She originally posted her OP in a foreign language, I think Greek? She changed it to English. I think the poster is not an English speaker. I just happen to catch it when she first posted.

Anyone speak Greek? Or Turkish? Or Armenian? Or ?????
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,872 Member
    Using your body fat stores as a primary energy source either through deficit and/or using body fat as that primary energy source through the absence of glycogen.