Hi! I'm Sharon and I love food!

Options
I am 60+ years old and am morbidly obese. I have struggled with weight all of my teen and adult life. I have been on so many diets and weight loss programs, that I should be making money. My last program was WW and I lost 83 lbs total. Then, I fell in love, enjoyed all the wonderful places my honey would take me. We married and I completely fell off of the program. I gained all of the weight I had lost plus 36 lbs. Each time I succeeded, I felt great and great things happened. Now I just need to lose. I was constantly shamed in my youth about my weight. As an adult I would get very offended if someone, who never had to worry about their weight, would try to help me. My husband is very supportive in all that I do, but he is worried about my health. So am I to be honest. So I am trying Fitness Pal and hoping to have some success.

Replies

• 03CiaoBella
    03CiaoBella Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You’ve already taking the first step. All you need do is continue going forward, step by step. You Own This💪🏾
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    There’s a lot of users here who have been successful - verysuccessful- in their 60’s and older. You’ll see several threads aimed at “older” users.

Theres also several really good groups for people needing to lose large amounts. This is one of them:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

I lost 90+ starting at age 56. If you want it, and apply yourself, you can do it. It takes perseverance but it’s not even hard, and no self flagellation required, unless you get into the wrong headspace and choose to make it that way.

It basically comes down to weighing food carefully, logging honestly, and staying within your calories.

I’ve also found the boards here to be a tremendous source of information, support, and most importantly, calling BS on many myths we believe about our body and what we put in it.

Holler if you need any help!