Nerves

Options
Good morning everyone hope you are all having a great start to your day. I’m so nervous iv got my second jab tomorrow yay super happy to be nearly fully protected but the first one sent me and my fella to bed for 3 days then a further 5/6 days to get back to normal. Now I do my weights and walking more I don’t want it to come to a stop also cooking we end up having takeaways so I am going to prepare today and get some really easy things for my daughter to prepare I just don’t want to stop my progress for a week. I know some may think I’m being stupid but I have at last got back in the zone after only losing 3lb so far this year.

Replies

• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    The good news is that everyone I know who had bad side effects from the first jab had absolutely none on the second 😀 obviously everyone is different but side effects from the first certainly doesn’t mean you’ll get them again. And I do sympathise as I had my first yesterday and I’m suffering major brain fog today!
  • NJsemple
    NJsemple Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The good news is that everyone I know who had bad side effects from the first jab had absolutely none on the second 😀 obviously everyone is different but side effects from the first certainly doesn’t mean you’ll get them again. And I do sympathise as I had my first yesterday and I’m suffering major brain fog today!
    Congratulations on getting your first one hope you feel better soon. I am holding hope that is the case but my friends who had the same one as us that have had the second it’s about half were better with it so we will see xx

• penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I think it's smart to prepare ahead of time! I didn't feel sick at all after my first shot but was very fatigued after my second. I planned a couple of rest days and had easy to get on the table meals planned. :)
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,426 Member
    Options
    ^^^what @penguinmama87 says.

And if you’re already feeling poorly, ask if you can postpone. I went in with hay fever related bronchitis and it piled on and knocked me down for a week or two.

But otherwise, a day or two of fatigue is well worth the alternative. My age group here in Georgia is 85% vaccinated and things are getting back to normal.
  • NJsemple
    Options
    I have just been to Aldi a carefully selected easy to prep meals I can add them on here before hand so it will all make my daughters life easier. I hope to be fine but always hope for the best prepare for the worst
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    NJsemple wrote: »
    I have just been to Aldi a carefully selected easy to prep meals I can add them on here before hand so it will all make my daughters life easier. I hope to be fine but always hope for the best prepare for the worst

That's my life philosophy in a nutshell! :D You got this!
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Preparing some meals ahead is a great idea. Like you said --- it's kind of a crap shoot if you're going to feel bad or not. I had my first (Moderna) shot and didn't feel anything except injection site pain (I still did my normal 5 mile run). My 2nd I was tired and had a splitting headache the next day but that was it.

SO.....you might feel perfectly fine (fingers crossed for ya) --- but if you don't...remember that your feeling bad is a normal (and good) reaction for your body to have and it's learning to fight this thing....don't stress about missing a few workouts bc of it --- your body needs to do what it needs to do.

Good Luck
  • sharmashub88
    sharmashub88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is the only way to be safe and help the entire world Safe....
    Good luck
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,136 Member
    Options
    Glad that you are feeling better and congrats in getting both shots already. My husband and I are vaccinated since the end of February and happy about it, but still being careful. Enjoy your weekend and rest.

• NJsemple
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    Glad that you are feeling better and congrats in getting both shots already. My husband and I are vaccinated since the end of February and happy about it, but still being careful. Enjoy your weekend and rest.
    Thankyou. We are still going to be super careful I’m not keen on the no masks as of the end of June we said we will still wear ours. Happy to hear your also protected the best you can be anyway x