Thought it was pityriasis rosea, now unsure.

Options
My_Butt
My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
Curious, has anybody ever seen bumps/rashes like these on their skin before? I have at least 10 that I can see on my torso, 2 on my thighs, and 1 on my arm. The main one has increased in size (roommate pointed that out), and more have appeared over the past few weeks. I've had the growing main one since last year, but assumed it was pityriasis rosea. I'm waiting on a doctors appointment, but was just wondering if people have had spots like this.

Replies

• My_Butt
    Options
    Here's some. The big one is the size of a thumbnail.
  • My_Butt
    Options
    This one is on my back.
  • TeresaB12345
    TeresaB12345 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My son had pityrisis rosea and he had a very distinctive christmas tree like slanted line pattern on his back which the doctor said is the hallmark for that - if you don't have that it is probably something else.
  • My_Butt
    Options
    My son had pityrisis rosea and he had a very distinctive christmas tree like slanted line pattern on his back which the doctor said is the hallmark for that - if you don't have that it is probably something else.

I've read that too, but when I asked my roommate, he just pointed out several round rashes on my lower back. So no tree.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    My Internet guess, age (liver) spots or cancer. The locations seem odd for age spots. Uneven edges is concerning, spots growing and bigger than a thumbnail is concerning.

But what do I know? I'm Internet.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    I had a fungal infection in my youth that was similar - in that instance a broad range anti-fungal cream and ensuring that all my old gym/running kit was washed sorted it out.

Note: People tend to get these where there is a sweat build up - armpits, back of the knees, thighs, under watch, bra, or fitness tracker straps.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I had pityriasis rosea last year and only had the one big main spot, and lots of little ones, but it came and went in only a few weeks, so the fact that you've had the big one for 6 months makes me think something else
  • My_Butt
    Options
    I thought about using an antifungal cream, but didn't know if that would mess up anything when I FINALLY go to the doctors.
    Maybe I'll buy something just to see.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    They look like liver spots, except that one that's just to the left of the blade of the anchor tattoo...that one could be something else.

I have a lot of those. Last year I had a raised one that was concerning me and had it removed. It was just a spot caused by the sun.

My $0.2? Stay off doctor Google.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    My $.02, run them past the doctor. Probably nothing, but age,
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »

lol thx for moving the decimal point to the right place. :wink:
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »

lol thx for moving the decimal point to the right place. :wink:

I did not even see that. I just know what you meant. Wht d0 th3y sy? I7 y0v h4v3 mst 0f th3 l3tter5 right p30p1e can r3ad it?
  • 346brian
    346brian Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »
    Curious, has anybody ever seen bumps/rashes like these on their skin before? I have at least 10 that I can see on my torso, 2 on my thighs, and 1 on my arm. The main one has increased in size (roommate pointed that out), and more have appeared over the past few weeks. I've had the growing main one since last year, but assumed it was pityriasis rosea. I'm waiting on a doctors appointment, but was just wondering if people have had spots like this.

Hello. Did you every receive a diagnosis regarding your mystery spots? I have the exact same thing. Thank you!