Gain

Options
This week I was gutted to see I had gained my main weigh in is monthly but because of how good I had been and adding the weights I had a look but wish I hadn’t but I’m still sticking to it but it’s so disheartening

Replies

• crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    So how long has it been since you weighed? Our weight can fluctuate for all sorts of reasons: water retention from too much salt, from working out (like adding your weights), from that time of the month or because you have some waste build-up, etc. I weigh myself everyday and it seems to fluctuate as much as a pound or two everyday.

If you are truly doing everything right then you will be on a downward trend as a whole, even if it doesn't show day by day.
  • Ann262
    Ann262 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    everything crb426 said. Hang in there, you are doing just fine.
  • NJsemple
    NJsemple Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    crb426 wrote: »
    So how long has it been since you weighed? Our weight can fluctuate for all sorts of reasons: water retention from too much salt, from working out (like adding your weights), from that time of the month or because you have some waste build-up, etc. I weigh myself everyday and it seems to fluctuate as much as a pound or two everyday.

If you are truly doing everything right then you will be on a downward trend as a whole, even if it doesn't show day by day.
    Ann262 wrote: »

Thanks both I am doing everything right had the best week in ages and feel better for it I know my ibs is bad and introduced the weights that will teach me to have a sneak peek lol
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    NJsemple wrote: »

Thanks both I am doing everything right had the best week in ages and feel better for it I know my ibs is bad and introduced the weights that will teach me to have a sneak peek lol

If you have IBS, any food that can cause more symptoms will most likely make you retain even more water. Also, IBS is kind of an inflammatory response, so again, that means more water weight.

I've been on an elimination diet for food sensitivity for almost 6 weeks. Not only have my IBS symptoms improved, but I've dropped 12 pounds without really trying because I'm not bloated all the time or inflammed. Before that, my weight was all over the place. Not saying that I don't have weight fluctuations still (supposedly I "lost" 1.2 lbs since Saturday), but they're not as wild.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options
    Ya know, when I was 220 pounds I didn't particularly like the scale either. :lol:

I started off weighing myself once a week. Problem with intermittent weigh-ins is that I never knew if if was an "up" day or "down" day.

I like weighing daily much better. It takes away that emotional trigger and gave me a lot of insight into weight on a fluctuating daily line.

https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/
  • NJsemple
    Options

If you have IBS, any food that can cause more symptoms will most likely make you retain even more water. Also, IBS is kind of an inflammatory response, so again, that means more water weight.

I've been on an elimination diet for food sensitivity for almost 6 weeks. Not only have my IBS symptoms improved, but I've dropped 12 pounds without really trying because I'm not bloated all the time or inflammed. Before that, my weight was all over the place. Not saying that I don't have weight fluctuations still (supposedly I "lost" 1.2 lbs since Saturday), but they're not as wild.

Congratulations 🥳 on your loss if you don’t mind me asking what have you cut out so far
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options

Congratulations 🥳 on your loss if you don’t mind me asking what have you cut out so far

Thanks. I actually was only wanting to lose about 7 and was already a healthy BMI, but I"m not stressed about it anymore.

My elimination diet was based on my own specific blood test results, but as a general rule I couldn't have any dairy for about 3 weeks (then added in yogurt), and still 6-weeks in am gluten free. I had a very limited diet the first week, then after that I've been adding in one food per day, starting with those that I'm least reactive too.

Some of the foods I'm reactive to aren't too surprising, like peanuts and cow's milk. However, I'm also sensitive to things I wouldn't have suspected, like turkey, chickpeas, grapes and even Tylenol.
  • NJsemple
    Options

Thanks. I actually was only wanting to lose about 7 and was already a healthy BMI, but I"m not stressed about it anymore.

My elimination diet was based on my own specific blood test results, but as a general rule I couldn't have any dairy for about 3 weeks (then added in yogurt), and still 6-weeks in am gluten free. I had a very limited diet the first week, then after that I've been adding in one food per day, starting with those that I'm least reactive too.

Some of the foods I'm reactive to aren't too surprising, like peanuts and cow's milk. However, I'm also sensitive to things I wouldn't have suspected, like turkey, chickpeas, grapes and even Tylenol.

Hi thanks for getting back to me I found I got real sick last year turns out it was gluten I have been able to slowly and carefully add it back but I now think I am maybe eating too much of it I only have a slice of bread a day if that and always try and do gluten free but it’s so expensive to do it mainly pasta and it seems slimy it don’t help we keep chickens so they love their pasta too lol but I tend to now buy them a cheap bag of normal but I feel rotten at the moment mind part from the COVID jab and an infection in my tooth but I do wonder if there is more to it