Abdominal

Options

Replies

• bostonpaul22
    bostonpaul22 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Try upping your water intake, or if in some cases you feel like bloating you could limit your sodium intake and water intake for a few days, also carb cycling is a very efficient way to burn body fat ive found
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    What is your diet like? High in protein and fiber? If so, that can bloat some people. If its fat? No way to spot reduce. I would also ask, "why is it important?" There is nothing wrong with vanity, but when it comes at the cost of heath, it is. If you are already pretty lean for a gal, losing more might not be worth it. Just look at what bikini fitness models go through.

This was my thought, as someone who is 2 years older than you and about your same height/weight proportions (5'8 and 133). I have some definition, but there is also quite a bit of loose skin from babies, c-sections and losing weight. I will never have rock-hard abs with some cosmetic intervention, but I am in pretty decent shape with muscle definition.

Also, if you are frequently bloated due to digestive issues, until those get resolved in one way or another, you will often look like you don't have rock-hard abs, even if you actually did. I had a lot of bloating issues, and they've gotten better since I'm on a plan to figure out what causes more issues, but I still don't care so much about rock-hard abs.
  • rebeccap2021
    rebeccap2021 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ok I figured it out so this is me my body but I want more pronounced abdominals there were some people saying I wouldn’t be healthy but I have always been lean and now that I’m getting older I feel like it’s harder to get the abs. I eat perfectly fine and I am very very healthy and would never ever starve myself! @ninerbuff what do you recommend what workouts what to eat. I know some people will say I am pronounced but it’s what I really want and what makes me happy I want a 6 pak 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼
  • bostonpaul22
    Options
    Your extremely lean and should be proud of your accomplishments for sure, keep up the hard work consistency is key
  • rebeccap2021
    Options
    @bostonpaul22 hey greetings from Boston also 🙌🏼🙌🏼 I run everyday and drink soooo much water. I put very little salt on my food. I just don’t get it why I can’t achieve the abs I want if you look up Lauren Simpson I follow her regimens and still don’t have her stomach. I’m doing something wrong I think I need a trainer just for abdominal as I was saying perhaps I should join cross for?!
  • rebeccap2021
    Options
    @bostonpaul22 thank you so much!!!
  • bostonpaul22
    Options
    @rebeccap2021 Bostons finest💪🏻Haha Are you training abs? And if you are are you progressively adding volume to your ab work outs, i understand everyone has different volume requirements before they are overtraining but it might do you a little good to just add a bit more volume
  • rebeccap2021
    Options
    @bostonpaul22 no I haven’t been adding weights because she does her own body weight.. see I didn’t know that what do I use what machines lol I’m lost with the whole ab workout now you give me squats and booty work out I’m all over the weights with that!
  • bostonpaul22
    Options
    @rebeccap2021 it might not necessarily mean adding weight but more sets, or more time under tension depending on your exercises of choice “if you continue to do the same things you will continue to get the same results”
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    @rebeccap2021 No worries ma'am. Dont mind me though. I'm just the local, usually grounded, pain in the @ss. Posting some pictures would probably be advisable. @PAV8888 and @AnnPT77 are good at devising body composition. Oh and @49erbuff.
  • rebeccap2021
    Options
    @psychod787 lol I love b@ll busters since I’m one myself lol anyhow I posted a photo above 🙌🏼
  • rebeccap2021
    Options
    @bostonpaul22 that makes complete sense. I do the same every day. Ok I think I got it now. More reps and different workouts! Thanks so much for your advise! On it tomorrow 🙌🏼
  • bostonpaul22
    Options
    @bostonpaul22 that makes complete sense. I do the same every day. Ok I think I got it now. More reps and different workouts! Thanks so much for your advise! On it tomorrow 🙌🏼

Go get it, lets gooo!!

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Ok I figured it out so this is me my body but I want more pronounced abdominals there were some people saying I wouldn’t be healthy but I have always been lean and now that I’m getting older I feel like it’s harder to get the abs. I eat perfectly fine and I am very very healthy and would never ever starve myself! @ninerbuff what do you recommend what workouts what to eat. I know some people will say I am pronounced but it’s what I really want and what makes me happy I want a 6 pak 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼
    You're quite fit and pretty lean, but if your abs aren't defined it's cause of the layer of fat covering them. How many calorie are you consuming a day? I'll go into other details if I get some basic info.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Ann262
    Ann262 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    What penquinman says is true. Very few of us get that sculpted ab look
  • rebeccap2021
    Options
    @penguinmama87 ALL GOOD VIBES HERE @ninerbuff here is an example of my calories also I try to take in 1200 calories per day.