Other pages like Lyle Mcdonald's?

Options
I have literally spent hours reading articles by Lyle Mcdonald on his site but now I am in need of new material to get my geek on. Any sites you visit to stay current? I am mostly interested in nutrition, muscle gain, fat loss etc. Thank you :)

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,608 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Generally you would have seen some footnoted references on Lyle's musings. And references to people he agrees or disagrees with... Lyle is definitely in the category of credible and mostly evidenced based sources so not so sure about what much more you would want? Next step would be to hit WHO resources? Primary sources and research papers following up on sources you see mentioned?
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Generally you would have seen some footnoted references on Lyle's musings. And references to people he agrees or disagrees with... Lyle is definitely in the category of credible and mostly evidenced based sources so not so sure about what much more you would want? Next step would be to hit WHO resources? Primary sources and research papers following up on sources you see mentioned?

Thanks for your input. You have a point. Was hoping there would be more people like him but he definitely is one of a kind, in a good way. Research papers are not my cup of tea sadly.
  • jfan180
    jfan180 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    LM just might come unglued if he heard his name mentioned alonside Lane Norton's. There's some serious hate between the two.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Alan Aragon, James Krieger, Old Lyle has gone a bit crazier than normal lately....
  • jak1958
    jak1958 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hard to believe you guys are still pushing Lyle.. but maybe I've been around too long lol..to each his own.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Alan Aragon, James Krieger, Old Lyle has gone a bit crazier than normal lately....

He has bi polar disorder though.
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I must be living under a rock because I don't know who you speak of. Can you post a link to these pages? Thanks!
  • PAV8888
    edited May 2021
    Options
    1Just because someone is bi-polar, doesn't give them the right to be an a-hole l, when someone has better evidence that goes against your stance.

Were it not for egos and vested interests the world...
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Jeff Nippard - condensing info from the others sometimes for videos, for lifting workouts making a practical application.

Brad Schoenfeld - running and comparing studies on lifting mainly.

• happimess01
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    Jeff Nippard - condensing info from the others sometimes for videos, for lifting workouts making a practical application.

Brad Schoenfeld - running and comparing studies on lifting mainly.

Just subscribed to Jeff. Loving him already. Thank you!
  • happimess01
    Options
    sarah7591 wrote: »
    I must be living under a rock because I don't know who you speak of. Can you post a link to these pages? Thanks!

Sure - https://bodyrecomposition.com/
  • happimess01
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Layne Norton or Eric Helms might interest you.

Have heard their names so many times in the forums. Thank you, will check them out.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Barbell medicine are a good lot too. A bit too detailed for me personally but quality info.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Just because someone is bi-polar, doesn't give them the right to be an a-hole l, when someone has better evidence that goes against your stance.

Were it not for egos and vested interests the world...

True, but what he did was inexcusable. He claimed that Krieger and Schoenfeld made up there data. That's scientific hersey to do that. He had no evidence of it and still made the accusations. That's equivalent to the person at your work saying you stole your project, just because it was better than theirs.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Was not aware! 😱🥺😔
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Ya, it was beyond a normal analysis of study setup and finding legit problems with perhaps sample size or study participants or methodology.

If I'm thinking of the right study - those comments could have been made and an argument about study usefulness thrown out there - but that wasn't the tact taken.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    jak1958 wrote: »
    Hard to believe you guys are still pushing Lyle.. but maybe I've been around too long lol..to each his own.

EXACTLY! Lyle McDonald is one of the most irritating (so called) training experts on the web. Nippard, Schoenfeld or Isratel are VASTLY more credible than that wack-a-doodle.