Halloween Hot Mamas (CLOSED) Week 1: Black

Options
Week 1 Check-In: Black

All right! Let’s see how everyone did. Post below and answer the following:

1. How many points did you earn this week? Remember that we started last Thursday, so there are 5 days rather than 7 that you’re tallying here. (1 point for each day of exercise, 1 point for each day of hitting your calorie goal, and 5 points for each pound lost)
2. Give a summary of how this week went with a break-down of where your points came from
3. Do you have any fun plans for Halloween costumes—for you, for you and your significant other, or for your baby? Tell us all about it.

Special challenge for next week: Go to http://operationbeautiful.com/about-2/ and http://operationbeautiful.com/send-in-your-notes/ and read a bit about Operation Beautiful. I found out about this project when I saw a sticky note in a bathroom at my college a year or so ago. It totally made my day! Remember that avoiding fat talk and helping others do the same is a huge step in staying happy and motivated while losing weight. You get 2 points for simply reading the 2 pages and another 3 if you actually post a sticky note somewhere. :)

Replies

• sophiabethsmom
    Options
    1. I earned 19 points for team black.

2. I followed my workout plan 100%, which I am super proud of! I did JM Banish Fat Boost Metabolism MTWFS with rest days Thursday and Sunday, and I got out of the house for at least a little walk with my baby every single day. I ate very healthily too, staying under my limit every day but Friday and Saturday. But even those days were just 200ish calories over, and I typically binge at least once a weekend, so I still considered the weekend a major NSV even though I don’t get points for those days. So, 5 points for exercise, 3 for eating right, and 11 for pounds lost.

3. I already bought my baby girl a costume. It’s a cow, and it is seriously ADORABLE! We’re on a bit of a budget, though, so now that I spent on Sophia Beth, I’ll be shopping out of the closet for me. I thought it’d be cute to coordinate with her costume and wear this flannel-y shirt I have with jeans (pre-pregnancy skinny jeans, I hope!) and cowgirl boots. Maybe I can get my husband in on the farmer-with-a-cute-little-cow look for a picture or two as well. :)
  • chocolattahottie
    Options
    1. How many points did you earn this week? Remember that we started last Thursday, so there are 5 days rather than 7 that you’re tallying here. (1 point for each day of exercise, 1 point for each day of hitting your calorie goal, and 5 points for each pound lost)
    I earned two points for exercise, 2 points for hitting my calorie goal and 10 pounds for losing 2 pounds!!
    2. Give a summary of how this week went with a break-down of where your points came from
    (see above) week went okay, will def. do better this week.

3. Do you have any fun plans for Halloween costumes—for you, for you and your significant other, or for your baby? Tell us all about it.

I want to be a cat, a hott cat...lol my husband is always looking for gorie costumes and my daughter will be a princess of some sorta (naturally)
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    1. 20 points
    2. I did one of my exercises everyday Thur,Sat, and Sun I did c25k and Friday and Monday I did 30 ds. (5 points)
    I was under my calores every day ( 5 points)
    I lost 2 lbs (10 points)
    3. I don't know what my little girl is going to be for Halloween yet, but I think she is old enough to look at costumes and give some input :) she usually gets a Halloween Costum from my MIL too. Last year she was a flower and we dressed up as farmers. :)
  • DK30096
    DK30096 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    1. I earned 10 points for the team
    2. 5 points for hitting my calorie goal (actually a little under each day) and 5 points for excersise. I started the 30 Day shred I'm on day 5 today I've been doing level 2. It's an amazing workout! I've also been trying to do extra cardio most days as well. I have not lost any weight but I am a very slow pound loser. My body is definatly shrinking though. I'm feeling really good! I'm in my eighth week of working out and thanks to this little challenge I'm being a lot more careful about meeting my calorie goal!
    3. We already have Elizabeth's costume she's a little Bee. It's a very cute princess Bee dress with antena and a little Bee septer! It's so freaking adorable she loves to twirl around in it and go BZZZZ BZZZZ hehe :-)
  • Buckeye_Jenn
    Buckeye_Jenn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    1. I earned 15 points this week.

2. I worked out three times this week - two days of yoga (one of those with a long, fast-paced walk following) and a separate day of just cardio for three of those points. Nutrition I struggled with a bit and only hit my goal two days. That's my goal to focus on this week. But still, I lost 2.3 pounds so that's 10 of my point total.

3. We're still deciding Halloween costumes here. My daughter wants to be Jesse the cowgirl from Toy Story 3, my son changes his mind hourly, it seems! I'm still thinking of a couples costume for the party we're going to, but it remains motivation in the back of my head to stay on track. I realized Halloween is the start of a lot of family photo opportunities and I'm tired of hiding from the camera. I want my children to have lots of happy photos from our lives together, and this Halloween, my birthday, Thanksgiving and Christmas I want to face the camera proudly, even if I'm not 100 percent to goal, at least feeling better about myself.
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I earned 11 points this week.

hitting my calorie goal : 1
    sticking to my exercise plan : 5
    losing 1 lb. : 5

I worked out every day besides Sunday. Unfortunately I didn't log Saturday and Sunday, and I wasn't under my calorie goal Monday and Friday. This week will be better for me.

I'm not sure what any of us are going to be for halloween yet. My 3 year old son changes his mind every 5 seconds, but I'm pretty sure my 19 month old daughter has her mind set on some kind of "pincess" lol :)
  • Erica_78
    Erica_78 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    1. 14 pts for Team Black
    2. 5 pts. for sticking to my exercise plan....30 Day Shred; 4 pts. for eating right ( Had a wedding over the weekend and had too many empty calories); and I got 5 pts. for weight loss.
    3. For Halloween my daughter is going to be a leopard....super cute! I still have no idea what my son should be, maybe a monkey because he is such a climber;) I would really like to be a sexy fairy this year and if I stay on track I just might be able to pull it off!!!!!
  • Jillnicole01
    Jillnicole01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I earned 11 points this week.

hitting my calorie goal : 3
    sticking to my exercise plan : 3
    losing 1 lb. : 5

Even when I exercised and stayed under my calorie goal, I gained a pound...I'm hoping it's muscle... hopefully next week will be better and not such a rollercoaster.

I haven't decided what our kids will be for Halloween...my son refused to put his costume on last year so he had to stay home and pass out candy...maybe this year he will catch on since he's 3 now. If I had to guess, he will want to be spongebob or a dinosaur. I haven't looked into costumes for my daughter yet. I've never looked at costumes for 1 yr old girls so it will be fun!
  • LeticiaAnn
    Options
    I earned 8 points

calorie goal : 5
    exercise plan : 3
    pounds lost : none :(

I always have a hard time losing weight while I'm nursing. I hope that healthy eating and working out will make some kind of change. I

We have no idea about Halloween costumes yet but I am excited... I love Halloween :)
  • danyellelh
    Options
    i earned 7 points

Calorie goal: 3
    Exercise goal: 4
    Pounds: 0 :(

not sure what the kids will be for halloween yet. i think it would be really cute to have my 19 mo old be rapunzal (sp?) from tangled because she loves that movie so much but i haven't looked into it yet. also i have a 8 yr old step daughter and we were thinking it would be cute if they both dressed up as fairies :) will have to see what costumes fit into the budget though! either way super excited for halloween :)
  • justanotherteenagemom
    Options
    1. i only earned six points.

2. i ate right three days and followed my exercise routine for three days. saturday and sunday i screwed up. this week and weekend should be way better!

3 for halloween my little girl is going to be a bee i think. that, or a pea in a pod. i'm not sure what i want to go as, and my fiance doesn't dress up. :/
  • justanotherteenagemom
    Options
    1. i only earned six points.

2. i ate right three days and followed my exercise routine for three days. saturday and sunday i screwed up. this week and weekend should be way better!

3 for halloween my little girl is going to be a bee i think. that, or a pea in a pod. i'm not sure what i want to go as, and my fiance doesn't dress up. :/

sorry it's a day late! i spent all day cleaning out a house.
  • Erica_78
    Erica_78 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Deactivated her account????? Pretty strange, I was logging in to add points:( Only completed our second week too. I really hope that everything is alright with her.