Tony Horton manipulating study to sell his product

ninerbuff
ninerbuff Posts: 48,492 Member
Tony Horton used to be a popular Beach Body contributor. Now he's touting you can build muscle WITHOUT exercise and by taking a product he sells. I've lost respect for him now. Used to be an inspiration because of his age, but it seems now he's become a peddler of products.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,873 Member
    Yes the Barnum & Bailey theory of selling, works well until it doesn't. Charlatans abound on the internet, but yeah that is a very low bar considering.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,975 Member
    I admit, I haven't followed him closely, but somehow felt like he was one of the "body confusion" advocates . . . that was not a good start, in my mind, toward respecting him as an authoritative source of fitness advice. 🤷‍♀️ If I've misunderstood his position, that's my fault, obviously, not his.

It seems like it would be really hard to be a mass market popular fitness celebrity (or whatever we call them) and keep one's full, robust integrity. Cynic speaking: The mass audience seems to want magic and miracles; it would be really tough not to try to deliver that, somehow, and I think magic/miracles are mythical.

I don't really understand the "inspirational because of age" thing, personally, as a big selling point . . . maybe because I'm old myself (older than Tony), and cynical? 😉
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    His P90X Yoga kicked my butt! (Not recommended for those new to "power" type yoga.)

It's a shame he went from that to "take this pill."
  • whoami67
    whoami67 Posts: 297 Member
    I, too, clicked on this to see what Tim Horton's was up to