Zumba

Options
Has anyone tried Zumba? especially at home y'know on a wii or something like that? is it any good, does it help burn some calories off? I'm not brave enough (or rich enough) to join a class and I've been looking at reviews of the wii game of it and it sounds pretty good but I wondered if anyone on here has tried it and what you HONESTLY thought of it?
Cheers:wink:

Replies

• edejesus2011
    Options
    I don't have the game for the Wii, but i do have the DVD workouts at home! I LOVE them! I have heard about the game, but i have not looked into it since i enjoy my work out so much with the DVD's. Im sure it would be fun, and a good way to burn off some calories. :)
  • mercedes17
    Options
    It is amazing!! I love it and do it everyday. You really burn a lot of calories and its so much fun too! It's a nice change compared to the boring machine work outs. I've never done Zumba at home, but I'm sure it's just as good. Give it a try, you'll get addicted :)
  • Debs1971
    Options
    I tried a zumba class a year ago and was 'hooked' instantly! I completley lost all my fear of classes as it was simply so much fun! Im still addicted and look forward to every session.

I have recently bought zumba on the wii and have tried it once.... sorry but for me it just wasnt like the real thing, theres no atmosphere! However, Ive no doubt that it will burn calories! Its now back in the box ready for ebay! Thats just my view..... :happy:
  • jmwalke2
    Options
    I love zumba and I participate in it 3 times a week. Its just fun to dance!!!! :)
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I've got the wii version and I LOVE it! The only down side is that it doesn't teach you the steps, the tutorial is jut a low version of the move and vanishes off screen before you've actually got the jist, however, once you get into it and really give it a go, you deffinately work up a sweat and burn a load of calories. I would recommend going to a clas to get the broken down instructions for a class if unsure, or buy a DVD with helpful intrctions, but the wii game is deffinately better than a DVD for actually getting involved and motivated.
  • whispiri
    whispiri Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Did a little bit through free videos on the internet. I have joined a class......it is way more fun. I go twice a week. I recommend the class. Check to see if you can drop in. I know they have that option where I am. They just pay a $10 drop in fee where I live. That way you can at least try it. out.
  • carolannwells1
    carolannwells1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm a certified Zumba instructor! You can go to www.zumba.com and purchase the entire Zumba system! It has a really great starting DVD that breaks down each step that you use in Zumba! It's very high energy and FUN!! You'll definately burn calories and have fun doing it! Enjoy! Congrats on your 9 lb loss!!! Carolann :bigsmile:
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I prefer the classes, but I do like the Wii Zumba as well as the dvds. I actually prefer the Wii game over the dvds. Maybe because there aren't real bodies I will never have looking back at me on Wii. I burn about the same calories with Wii and the dvds as I do in the classes. I just throw my all into it no matter which one I am doing! LOVE ZUMBA!
  • Enginette
    Enginette Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba for the Xbox Kinect. It is a good workout, but I found myself more in tune with getting her arms and legs "green" (which meant I was doing the moves correctly) than trying to just move my body and burn the calories.
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I LOVEEEEEE Zumba for Wii. It's lots of fun and gives you a pretty great workout! :D
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I do the DVDs and love them. They helped me drop 24 lbs and get back to my goal size quickly. And I don't think my belly has been this flat and toned since I was in my 30's (I'm 50). I've been doing it 6 days a week since January and still find it fun. My daughter has the Wii game and says the routines on there are almost exactly the same as the DVDs. Both my daughters do Zumba, in fact they are the one's that encouraged me to try it. It's so much fun and killer workout. Even after 9 months it still has me sweating.
  • bekihughes
    Options
    I have Zumba for PS3 and I love it!!! You totally sweat your butt off. I also go one day a week to a Zumba class! You get lost in the workout. Doesn't even feel like you are working out! LOVE IT!
  • starwarsjb
    Options
    I have Zumba for the WII and it is very good. You definately will get a workout from it plus it is fun!
  • OMGG
    OMGG Posts: 44
    Options
    Hi I have done Zumba Exercise what would you put for a 1 hr class? calorie loss................... love the music :-)
  • phillipsmi
    Options
    I have the Wii version, but I think it would be hard at home if you're never taken a live class or done an instructional DVD. It is a blast though, I love it!
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I went and looked into Zumba classes at a nearby gym, and it turns out that they only charge $5 per class if you pay as you go, or $25 a month "class" fee if you just want to take aerobics classes there -- as many as you want for just $25/month.

There went my "Oh, it's too expensive to join the gym" excuse...
  • vixxy83
    Options
    ive got the Wii version and only done it once doin it again tonight killed me just doin the 20 min beginner lol
  • fattabby1
    fattabby1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    hi,

i have the dvds. i have started doing the basic dvd it's 20 mins long and FUN.it's fun but hard work, i'm not ready for the longer more intense dvds yet but know when istart to slow down in weight loss i'll move on to those. i (tmi) pour with sweat after so i know i'm burning calories. i have lost 2lbs since last wednesday!! go for it.
  • fattabby1
    fattabby1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow 24lbs !! well done. i have just started on basic dvd which ones were you doing?
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options
    Zumba is a great workout!
    I have them on my PC and on the first few minutes you'll be working up a sweat!