Damn you, weather! Damn you Garmin

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    I'm 11000 steps away from my 300k step badge for May. That's no problem. I also still need two bodyweight workouts. That's more of a problem. I'll do one today. The other.. no idea. Maybe Friday or Saturday. Or I won't get the silly badge.
  • YellowD0gs
    YellowD0gs Posts: 693 Member
    edited May 2021
    yirara wrote: »
    I'm 11000 steps away from my 300k step badge for May. That's no problem. I also still need two bodyweight workouts. That's more of a problem. I'll do one today. The other.. no idea. Maybe Friday or Saturday. Or I won't get the silly badge.

There's a badge for body weight workouts?? Where's that one hiding?
  • yirara
    YellowD0gs wrote: »
    yirara wrote: »

There's a badge for body weight workouts?? Where's that one hiding?

For strength workouts under challenges (but not every month). I don't like going to gyms, and they are still closed anyway. Thus bodyweight it is.
  • yirara
    70 minutes bodyweight workout done. Phew. One more of those and I'll have the badge.
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    I was hoping to do the 30 mile walking one and the strength training one in June but they're not offered. Guess it's just the weekend 5K walking one again for me 😔
  • yirara
    I was hoping to do the 30 mile walking one and the strength training one in June but they're not offered. Guess it's just the weekend 5K walking one again for me 😔

Oh? Can you already see what the challenges are for June? Oh yes, I see. Hmm.. 15km running. I won't manage that one I'm sure. Not fit enough. 20k cycling climb is a non-challenge for me as there aren't any hills here. Meh. And pools are still closed I think. Would have been fun though to just go swimming for a stupid badge. I'll continue with bodyweight exercises though as being able to do 16 cossack squats is cool.
  • YellowD0gs
    Dang! I had started collecting the various step and walking badges, then my ankle decided to try a bit of arthritis for fun! :angry: I might have to try that swimming one...although the date range is so specific, and I'd need that whole week to do 20 laps!
  • yirara
    *hugs* @YellowD0gs Give your ankle time to heal. Those things can end very nasty. But wow, you got a 50m pool? that's great! I've been googling around, and there seem to be two or three pools in town, but with only 25m length and very high water temperature. I'm still tempted.

300k steps for May done! First time since having this watch (mid February) that I managed it. Now what remains to be done is the strength training badge. I'm not sure yet when to do it. Tomorrow or Monday I guess.
  • YellowD0gs
    Welp, I pounded out a quick 1.5 mile walk today with the dog, got my steps and that beauty 8-point 60 day goal badge! Woot! And a quick ice bath for the ankle. Maybe they'll come out with an hours on an elliptical badge...
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    The challenges this month want me to choose between hiking or a long weekend ride. Hiking is more existentially fulfilling, cycling would get me a badge and more intense exercise.
  • yirara
    Oh, there are two more challenges for June: the boring Yoga one and a 40km cycling one.
  • yirara
    edited May 2021
    Yay, I got the strength training badge! *shakes head in disbelieve about how silly this is*
    I certainly should keep up with strength training as it does me very good. The question is though when! I have a slightly longer run planned for today, and this a few hours after the strength training is not great. But with 4 days of running... No possibility to train on the one day per week where I work late, and Saturdays are reserved for long hikes or cycle rides. Hmm... I clearly need a longer week.
  • YellowD0gs
    Ugh!! All the walking - running - step challenges this month! And no aerobic/cardio options. I do have to pass a BSA swimmers test this spring, so it looks like 1,000 meters swimming in a week for me (like I've actually been swimming in the last 2 years!)
  • yirara
    I've just booked a lane in my local pool. It's just a 25m pool, and I still have to figure out how to use my Garmin watch with it, but I'll be swimming 1000m for a silly badge even though I've not done that in ages. Will be fine I'm sure.
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    I joined the 2 week 100,000 step one this morning. My dog's on house arrest for a few weeks because she's in heat, so I guess I'll be "walking the dog" without the dog 😅
  • yirara
    I joined the 2 week 100,000 step one this morning. My dog's on house arrest for a few weeks because she's in heat, so I guess I'll be "walking the dog" without the dog 😅

Hey cool! Welcome to this challenge <3
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    Thanks! Now we'll see how I actually do. My step count is usually all over the place day to day.
  • NorthCascades
    Ugh!! All the walking - running - step challenges this month! And no aerobic/cardio options. I do have to pass a BSA swimmers test this spring, so it looks like 1,000 meters swimming in a week for me (like I've actually been swimming in the last 2 years!)

Anybody know if outdoor swims count toward this? Seems like they should, but (at least as of last summer) outdoor swims don't count toward swimming PRs. Probably because distance (and therefore pace) is measured differently.
  • yirara

Anybody know if outdoor swims count toward this? Seems like they should, but (at least as of last summer) outdoor swims don't count toward swimming PRs. Probably because distance (and therefore pace) is measured differently.

I have no idea! The only outdoor swimming I've done over the past few years was on vacation when snorkeling. And I've not had my watch then. My watch has an activity for outdoor swimming and pool swimming... Sorry :(
  • NorthCascades
    I will be staying for five days in a giant glacier fed lake in the wilderness in my favorite national park in a few weeks. I've been looking forward to swimming at Mystery Island and Devil's Junction since last time. ❤️