hi!!!!! Excited to start!!

Options
Hi everyone - so my journey has brought me full circle. Maybe 10 years ago I was on the app and I got in the best shape of my life. Down to pant size 0 -2 which is good for me at 5’3”...fast forward to marriage, kids, dogs, busy work schedule (and any other excuse possible) and after lots of drinking alcohol, eating like crap, toddler food, not working out regularly I have gained an easy 30lbs. In fact I stopped weighing myself because it is way too depressing. Everyone keeps telling me to stop worrying about my weight and just be happy. I can’t fit into my clothes and I AM NOT happy with my body and myself. About a month ago I started at a new gym and began working out. I see very little progress but it is a step in the right direction. I think I need to start focusing on diet now too, since I got the working out part in. I’ve been lifting heavy weights about 5 days a week. My goal is to get healthy but also within a normal BMI. I’m not looking to go back to where I was- I’m ready to let go of that, but I do want to look forward to eating healthier feeling better and having less fat around my gut. I appreciate friends that will help me through this journey!!!!!! Thank you!!

Replies

• zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm back again for the umpteenth time. I used this app to get to the best shape of my life, too, but then a whole bunch of crap happened. Family drama, foot surgery, a broken ankle, another surgery, then the lockdown. I gained back all that I lost and then some. I got up over 200 lbs, and as a fellow 5'3"er, I do not carry it well. I've been doing WW, but it's not working well. I've decided to track my calories as well, and my first few days I've lost more than I have in the last month on WW. Hopefully this is the step you need to start the same progress again! Best of luck!