Hello Everyone!

Good Morning,
New to this group so thought I’d introduce myself. My online name is Waifer003, I’m 50 and live in St Albert, Alberta, Canada. Been with MFP for a long time, but haven’t used the Community Chats as much as I should have. Have been on a seesaw of weight loss for years. Tired of trying to go it alone, and looking to a group for motivation and camaraderie. I’m married with two sons (20 and 17) and two cats ; ). Really want to hit the second half of my life in the best condition possible (mentally and physically), and have quite a challenge ahead. Would love to meet some friends along the way.

Waifer003
Alberta, Canada

Replies

• nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Hey! I'm 46, live in the US, near Atlanta, Ga. My kids are 19, 21 and the oldest turns 23 in 2 weeks. Almost to goal weight, and of course that means I need to be consistent to STAY there lol.
  • amymartin555
    amymartin555 Posts: 90 Member
    Hi. I am 51 and would love to help support and motivate you. Feel free to friend me. I have 2 children. My daughter is 26 and my son is 19. I lost a bunch of weight a few years ago but gained it back (boo) I still have at least 50lbs to go. Good luck you got this.
  • joryrheanne
    joryrheanne Posts: 49 Member
    Hi! I’m 45 from Ontario Canada. I joined mfp 1 week ago and I’m excited to continue to work towards a healthier lifestyle. I’m married and have 3 kids 25, 20 and 17. I’m open to meeting new friends to hold eachother accountable to our weight loss goals.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    I'm enjoying meeting people more like 'me' here lately in the forums. NOTHING wrong with the younger crowd and/or those with younger kids, but things are a little different once our kids are old enough to be 98% responsible for themselves. I still want to set a good example for them, but they don't 'need' me to look after them in the same way as 5, 10, 15 years ago.

Right now my 21 year old lives across the country with her fiance & daughter (just turned 1) and my 19 & 23 still live at home. Having 4 adults in the house: we take turns so that its NOT JUST me making dinner. And they all know there will be times I'll opt out of what they're having/making and I'll just take care of my own dinner.
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    So awesome to meet you all! Staci, I agree about being excited to meet people who are at the same place in life. Both of my boys are still at home. One has been doing his university classes from his computer during Covid, and the other has one more year left in high school. But it sure is different with everyone working and heading off in different directions. One thing I’ve been doing for a while is to try one or two brand new recipes each week. Expand our eating horizons a bit. Have had some amazing meals (and a couple of nightmares lol)
  • Ann262
    Ann262 Posts: 265 Member
    Nice to meet you!!! I am 61 and determined to maintain my health!!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,387 Member
    Welcome to MFP! I’m Mel from Atlanta, too, age 59 with grown children. I’ve already lost 40% of me in the past three years, and am in maintenance. I feel like I’ve gotten here with a good plan to hold steady.

The community here is fabulous. I credit the wise advice and diet myth-busting I’ve learned here with much of my success. Read and learn.

And ask questions!!!!!