Heart Rate Monitor!

Options
Ok MFPer's there is no excuse for me now! :tongue: I received my heart rate monitor in the mail yesturday! I am going to have a relazing morning setting that up, and then I'm going to try it ou! Which of course means....I need to work out. So I'm going to do the new TurboJam video that I got last week and have ony gotten around using once! I woke up today with a new found determination! :wink:

Replies

• GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Options
    Ok MFPer's there is no excuse for me now! :tongue: I received my heart rate monitor in the mail yesturday! I am going to have a relazing morning setting that up, and then I'm going to try it ou! Which of course means....I need to work out. So I'm going to do the new TurboJam video that I got last week and have ony gotten around using once! I woke up today with a new found determination! :wink:
  • happenstance82
    Options
    That's awesome. It's going to be so much easier(and accurate) for you to log your exercise now! :smile:
  • GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Options
    WOW! I just got done with the 20 mintue beginner workout and I burned 269 calories!!! CRAZYYYYYYY! I can't wait to build my endurance and see what it is when I do the 50 minute "Cardio Party" workout! Now exercising is fun! no more of this "well, it SAYS I burned this much" Now I really know!
  • Stacey82
    Stacey82 Posts: 69
    Options
    Any suggestions on a HRM? I've looked at a few, but have no idea what kind I should get. I see some that say you don't need a chest strap and some you do. I've just got no idea what is a good brand or what I should be looking for in one.

Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Stacey
  • Redbug
    Redbug Posts: 41
    Options
    I have the polar f6 and love it. Wear it everytime I workout whether it's strength training, running or riding a bike. I love knowing how many calories I burned, percentage of fat, and also my average and high heart rates. On some things it gives a higher calorie count than MFP but on other things it runs pretty close to what they allow. Good luck!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Awesome news!!!!:drinker:

I love my Polar F6!!!