Walking for a great cause! Suicide Prevention Walk!

Options
Good morning!

Nearly 13 years ago, when I was 9 years old, my dad committed suicide. 3 years ago, as I waited for my drink at Starbucks, I just happened to notice a flyer for a suicide prevention walk. Every year since then, I have walked in memory of my dad and to help bring the issues of mental illness, depression, and suicide "Out of the Darkness". This year's walk is only a month away and I really need help reaching my goal. I normally don't ask strangers to donate, but I know that this issue affects many people and the more we talk about it, the more we can help those who may be suffering! Please help me get there! Thank you for your support :)

Here is the link:
http://afsp.donordrive.com/participant/kcpksp

Have a wonderful day everyone! You are all doing a great job! :)

Replies

• literarylin
    Options
    I just completed my first half-marathon where the cause was suicide awareness/prevention. It was an amazing experience and very powerful.
  • briehl01
    Options
    I am walking in the Philadelphia event in October! A family member organizes the event and we have been participating for about five years - it has grown so much as the cause and organization gain traction. Also a great way to get your day's exercise in! Best of luck to you!
  • mochama12487
    mochama12487 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I did this walk in my area a few years ago after a friend in college attempted suicide, and then called me for help. It is a great cause for sure!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sunnyk8
    sunnyk8 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the support! I'm looking forward to the walk!
  • skinnyack
    Options
    Donated! :drinker: You're my hero!