Easy Peasy Recipes, 5 ingredients or Less

Options
judyrae777
judyrae777 Posts: 10 Member
Cabbage and Sausage Soup
1-2 heads of cabbage (I usually get 2 that are not super large)
1 Package of Eckrich Skinless Smoked Sausage Rope (two ropes in a package)
Kitchen Bouquet Browning and Seasoning Sauce (look by the bouillon or gravy in the store isle)

~~In a large stock pot, cut cabbage in half and take out the core. then lay flat side down and cut into 1-2" cubes. Put it in the pot and fill with water almost to the top and get it boiling.
~~Cut the Eckrich sausace rope long-wise, and lay the flat side down. Cut down the middle, then cut from the end for 1/4" cubes. Add to the pot.
~~Add a 2-3 Tbs of Kitchen Bouquet until the water is brown. If you don't add this ingredient, the soup broth will look like pus. Ewwwww!!
~~Add a TON OF SALT. Keep tasting until it tastes really good.
~~Add black pepper to taste.
*Make sure all the cabbage is covered and boil until the cabbage is tender.

Calories: 135 calories in one 3" length of sausage. This is what I guestimate for one good sized bowl.
35 calories in 1 and 1/2 cups of cabbage.
**170 Total for a really good sized bowl.

Let me know if you love/hate it! If you don't like cabbage, probably not even a good idea to try.

Replies

• judyrae777
    judyrae777 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Please post any Easy Peasy Recipes your family loves. If you can put the calories in as well, it will help a lot. Thanks!
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Chicken breasts/ thighs, can of beans (I use navy) , and a 16-20 Oz jar of salsa. Put in crock pot on low for 6-8 hrs or high for 4 hrs. You can use in burritos, bowls, or just eat as a meal. Usually around 225 calories for me per serving but depends on what you use
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,449 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast + a taco kit.

Put the chicken, taco seasoning powder and salsa in a crockpot and cook til fork tender. Shred.

Serve in the baked taco shells with any sides you want.

Works great with a pork loin, too.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,036 Member
    Options
    Canned tomatoes (flavored or not)
    Canned peas
    Canned tuna (water, not oil)
    Favorite brand of macaroni and cheese (we prefer not elbow-mac)

Fix the mac as directed. Once ready to serve, mix in remaining ingredients. Not sure calorie content, but very colorful and a mix of nutrients, plus an entire meal for six prepared in about ten minutes and ten dollars.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,619 Member
    Options
    Coca cola chicken is lazy man's teriyaki.

Brown some skin on chicken pieces in a hot sautee pan. No need to add oil as the skin will release enough if you start skin side down. Toss in a chopped clove of garlic and fry with the chicken until fragrant. Add a can of full fat cola (you will need the sugar to caramelize) and several big glugs of soy sauce. If the liquid does not come up high enough to at least half way to the top pieces of chicken, add water. Simmer gently for 25 minutes with the lid off, turning pieces occsionally, before tasting, and adjust for salt, sugar, acidity (add vinegar or lemon if desired) to taste. In the last 5-10 minutes turn up to heat to a furious boil so that the sauce reduces and thickens into a syrupy caramelized mass. Serve with rice.

Goes well with my mom's treatment of frozen peas that goes well with asian food. In a small sauce pan melt a tablespoon of butter and toss in a chopped clove of garlic. As garlic starts to colour toss in two handfuls of frozen peas which will stop the garlic from burning. Season generously with salt. You can add a tiny pinch of sugar if desired. Serve when the peas are bright green and just warmed through. The peas take about 5 minutes so you can start them when you turn up the temperature of the chicken to reduce the sauce.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,619 Member
    Options
    I made this last night and it was very quick and easy.
    https://mykoreankitchen.com/korean-ground-beef-rice-bowls/
    avo98jydwgek.jpeg