Please share NSVs....

Options

Replies

• jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Okay I am sorry to sound like a moron but what does NSV stand for? I know the end is victory but cannot figure out the rest. :blushing:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Non scale victories!!!!!

Okay I am sorry to sound like a moron but what does NSV stand for? I know the end is victory but cannot figure out the rest. :blushing:
  • jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Non scale victories!!!!!

Thanks!
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    What a great thread!

I've had many NSV's but the one that blows my mind the most is simply walking. Nine years ago I'd been using a cane for several years and I limped big-time. Just stepping up onto a curb was an ordeal. Eight years ago I had both knees replaced. Things were much better -- no limp, no cane -- but also not much stamina or strength.

I started walking about 6.5 months ago and lasted maybe 20 minutes first time out. A week ago I walked seven MILES ... and on Saturday, I spent four hours on my feet, working a farmers market.

Life is good. :)
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Today I got in the car to go pick my kid up from school. I had my hands at the bottom of the steering wheel, I looked down and went, "WTF!?!? Who moved my seat?!" Then I realized my seat was in the exact same place. There was just less of my fat belly crowding the steering wheel.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    got another couple

my watchband has always been a little loose letting my watch turn over on my wrist....i now need to have at least 2 links taken out in order for it to not constantly be slipping around my wrist...i'm going to wait until i'm "done" to change it since it might need to go down more by then....

my wedding band is one size bigger than my engagement ring just because it is closer to the inside of my hand - (i hate the feeling of tightness) anyway, they both spin around on my finger most of the day and they will need to also be resized eventually....

please keep sharing your NSV (non scale victories) so that we can keep the momentum going....it is not all about the number on the scale....we have to get passed that and realize that all the little changes we make to our daily life contribute the big picture to a better healthier life in the end....

monday morning i was up to 181 but i stayed the course yesterday: drinking my water, eating within my calories, doing a kickass workout with the trainer at the gym and getting to bed at a reasonable hour....this morning i was back down to 177....i DID NOT LET THE SCALE TELL ME HOW TO RUN MY DAY YESTERDAY...if i had, i would still be up, maybe even more....the scale will not dictate my successes in this journey.....
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I've had a few over the past few weeks, although I was off the wagon with eating and working out.

1- I fit into a size 11 jeans ( I was an 18 at my biggest) without any muffin top.
    2- I was able to wear a bra I haven't worn in 3 years without it being snug or leaving marks on my skin.
    3- When I put my HRM on the other day, I decided to update my weight, and I realized I've lost 10lbs since I added my weight.
    4- I can shave my legs without my belly getting in the way lol.. possibly tmi but very exciting for me.
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Well i've have a couple: a pair of dress pants that i bought 1 yr ago now fits. Before i couldn't get them ovr my hips. They are tight but they fit.

So yes i have fat back as i call it. Since being on MFP its starting to go down. The muffin top is slowly disappering too.

Biggest NSV yet : my thighs are becoming slimmer but building muscle also. My legs and thighs have never looked so good in heels.
  • jenniefromtherock
    Options
    I got to ride the rides at the amusements with my son last week!
  • curbnoise
    curbnoise Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Even though I am within 4 pounds of my goal (16 pounds lost since finding MFP and 30 in total) I couldn't help but buy the shiny new food scale I ran across at the super market. Hopefully this is a sign that the lifestyle change is sinking in and I won't have to lose these same 30 pound for the fourth time. Two of the last three times I used Nutrisystem which works great but doesn't train you how to eat right preparing your own foods. Thank you MFP!
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I went from running for 30 seconds at a time in March to 90 minutes in September

I can cross my legs easily

Was in a size 18 and now my 12's are too big
  • bananamac
    bananamac Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This may sound a bit odd, but one of my recent NSVs has been my knuckles! The ones at the base of my fingers. Before, when I made a fist, I had no discernible knuckles, and when I laid my hand flat, I had dimples where the knuckles should be. Now, when I close my hand into a fist, there are my knuckles! Poking up out of the back of my hand like baby mountains! I can even see the bones and tendons moving across the back of my hand when I wiggle my fingers!
  • cnkan0119
    cnkan0119 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've had a couple of NSVs since joining a month ago.

I spent 15 minutes modeling to myself in NY&Co after trying on size 12 slacks. I used to take them into the dressing room in hopes that they may fit and this time they actually did!

I wear beads around my waste (West African culture) and they are on the verge of falling off. I now have to make them smaller!

Six years and 40 pounds lighter I loved to dance for hours and in 4 to 5 inch heels. Then both my energy and legs could't take it. Now even though I still have more to go I am back to partying again in my sassy pumps! It feels good to have the energy to not only do what I love but it's exercise too!

I love hearing people tell me that they see that I'm losing!

My biggest and best NSV is how I feel. I am proud of myself for what I've accomplished. I am self motivated to continue. I am learning to love myself enough to treat my body better. Keeping these in mind make it easier to work out and eat better. By doing those the scale will take care of itself!
  • nikkijean8
    nikkijean8 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My biggest - I ran a half marathon in August. I love that I now think of a 2 or 3 mile run as "a short run". :) Also, I fit into a pair of jeans that haven't fit in at least a year the other day. Tried on a size 10 dress at a store the other day. I'm hoping my biggest NSV will be what my husband has to say when he sees me in 6 days!!!! I haven't seen him since July 4th and since the scale hasn't cooperated much lately, I'm really praying that he can tell the difference.
    Other biggie - even my mom, who doles out compliments as if they cost money, has mentioned that I look slimmer.

Web diva - yours almost made me cry! Congrats!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    My biggest - I ran a half marathon in August. I love that I now think of a 2 or 3 mile run as "a short run". :) Also, I fit into a pair of jeans that haven't fit in at least a year the other day. Tried on a size 10 dress at a store the other day. I'm hoping my biggest NSV will be what my husband has to say when he sees me in 6 days!!!! I haven't seen him since July 4th and since the scale hasn't cooperated much lately, I'm really praying that he can tell the difference.
    Other biggie - even my mom, who doles out compliments as if they cost money, has mentioned that I look slimmer.

Web diva - yours almost made me cry! Congrats!
    I haven't run a half marathon yet, nor any official race, although I'm training for a 10K next month. I couldn't go running last night because it was pouring rain and the streets were full of water so I woke up and told my husband I was going just for a "short run" this morning. I went 2 miles. :laugh:
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    1. I got into real pants! (as opposed to maternity pants, which I've been in for far too long...)
    2. I noticed my arms in the mirror the other day and I'm losing the way-too-wide look in my upper arms. YAY!
  • Shani262
    Shani262 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I can run for 5 min now
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I have two:

First - I no longer have any belts of pants that fit! I have literally traveled back in time. I now need clothing that is smaller than anything I have worn since my children were born. My son is 20 and my daughter is 19!!!

Second - I have been going to a Capoeira class for a little over 3 years. We had a little get together a couple of weeks ago where our teacher played some videos from events that we had been at over the past couple of years. The first from the summer 2010 had a version of me that I recognize. The second video was from an event we were at few weeks ago. In this video there was a guy I did not recognize. It puzzled me as I remembered the event and I remembered making a point at the event to say hello to everyone. However, I did not recognize the guy in the video! ? Until one of my classmates mentioned how great I looked in the video. The mystery guy was me!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    10½ minutes on the cross trainer today - when I first started at the gym I managed 30 SECONDS!!!!

For someone weighing in at 300+lbs who suffers with fibromyalgia and uric crystals in my joints making almost any exercise painful I was pretty stoked!
  • acarter33664
    acarter33664 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have a few NSVs since joinging three weeks ago. The first is a couple of years ago I bought a skirt that was on sale. Not having the time to try it on, I just bought it. When I got home, the skirt didn't fit. This year, my friend saw it in my closet, suggested I try it on and IT FIT! The second NSV i've had, happened today. For quite a few years I've had a class on the third floor of a building and the elevator breaks a lot so when I would go up the steps I would be so out of breath I would have to go into the bathroom and catch my breath before anyone noticed. Today, the elevator broke and I went up the steps and reaching the top only got a little winded. Also, last but not least, I have exercise induced asthma, and my doctor told me running would probably be out of the question for me. Last year half heartedly working out, I could barely stand a consecutive twenty minutes fast pace on the elliptical. Now, I'm doing about 4 miles actually "running" :).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!