I'm getting married in three months! 12kg in 12 weeks, let's go!

Options
Anyone else getting married this year and want to connect? It would be good to share our weight loss and wedding journeys!

Our date is 24.08.2021 (and we live in the UK) and I really hope everything can go ahead as planned. It's all pretty daunting with covid!

I've been overweight most of my adult life and usually lurk on here, or I'll input data for a week or so and then stop again. I've never been consistent but I'm going to change that and log everyday for at LEAST 12 weeks.

My goals: I have a corset back dress which JUST fastens up, but if I lose 5-12kg it will look even better. My goal is 12kg in 12 weeks, which is the MAX that MFP will allow you to safely lose at, but if I only manage half of that, I'll still be happy!

When are you getting married?

X

Replies

• Katie43210
    Katie43210 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm not getting married soon! But congrats I hope you have a fab wedding! I'm sure you will look lovely in your dress πŸ˜πŸ’•

When I actually stick to my diet plan I do lose the weight my problem is sticking with it but you sound so determined! I'm sure you will be able to get close to your 12kg goal.

I'm the same as you and use the app now and then for a few weeks back in April I did good and lost a few kg in one week! I did this by cutting bread and dairy and trying not to have an alcoholic drink in the evening. I also started drinking lemon water first thing when I wake up in the morning and going for a walk every day if I could stick to this that would be great haha I just need the motivation! Xx
  • jadelyndsey
    jadelyndsey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm not getting married soon! But congrats I hope you have a fab wedding! I'm sure you will look lovely in your dress πŸ˜πŸ’•

When I actually stick to my diet plan I do lose the weight my problem is sticking with it but you sound so determined! I'm sure you will be able to get close to your 12kg goal.

I'm the same as you and use the app now and then for a few weeks back in April I did good and lost a few kg in one week! I did this by cutting bread and dairy and trying not to have an alcoholic drink in the evening. I also started drinking lemon water first thing when I wake up in the morning and going for a walk every day if I could stick to this that would be great haha I just need the motivation! Xx

I find when I have a goal I can be so determined! A couple years ago when holidays were a thing πŸ˜‚πŸ˜³ I managed to lose about 2 stone/28lbs in a few months ready for heading to Mexico. But my wedding is a short term goal and I want to really focus on my health at this point and beyond the wedding - we want to start a family soon and I want to be in good shape!! I am obsessed with TV shows like the biggest loser and I always see parents who hate themselves for not being able to keep up with their kids and in fearing they won't get to see them grow up - I don't want that to be me!

Routine and habits are so important aren't they! I'm currently off work at the moment but when I'm at work, I take my dog out and I usually do about 30 mins of dancing most days. I haven't done any of that since I was last at work! I think I was also considering the exercise as "work" so time away from actual work meant a break from exercise which isn't how it should be. But I've recently started swimming which I'm enjoying so I hope to integrate that into my routine!
  • swoffie
    swoffie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married 9/4/2021 (4.9.2021 for you!). It was supposed to be last April, but obviously... that didn't work out. Of course, I bought my wedding dress in 2019 and had it fitted last February, 15 months ago! Fortunately, the number on the scale hadn't changed over quarantine, but I stopped lifting weight consistently and things still fit a little differently. I'm hoping to lose 5-10 lbs (2.5-4.5 kg) before the wedding to give myself some more breathing room (literally!).

Feel free to add me if you want a wedding buddy!