Managing weight loss when stressed.

Options
Hi everyone. Had a very stressful few months. Have gained 21lbs and absolutely gutted. I was doing really well. Now I am in self destruction mode. I need to try and remove the stress, which is my job, but I can't just leave as we can't afford it. I have so much to do I got so overwhelmed and felt nauseous earlier! I feel like I am running on empty and just eating to deal with it all.

Tomorrow I want to start again. I want to be more mindful of what I eat and try my hardest to get through my list of things to do. I have a week off, I can either choose to waste it and keep eating like I am or be productive and reduce my list and try to eat sensibly so I can start to feel better in my work clothes when I return at the end of my week off.

I will be coming on here everyday as I need accountability. Hope you are all doing ok and would love to hear how you managed your stress and turned your lives around!

Good luck with your journeys!

Replies

• lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hugs! Stress has a way of derailing us for sure!

The way I look at it is when the stress is something I can’t control, I work to make sure I am managing the things I do have control over. Like eating. It can be helpful to not let that be another thing that is “out of control” and adding to your stress.

I find that planning really is the key here. Pre-logging meals helps me to not worry about what I am going to eat when I look up and see it is a meal time or I am hungry but didn’t plan a snack.

I would spend some time in your week off to make some meal plans, stock the house with healthy staples, etc. There are items I just keep well stocked that I eat fairly regularly like almonds, almond butter, eggs, whole wheat bread, etc
  • Neds1980
    Neds1980 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi lmf1012 thanks for the tips. I will try to take on board what you do. I will definitely be planning my meals going forwards. I don't feel I am in control of anything at the minute so if I can be in control of my food consumption that is a start!

So today I jumped on the scales and I saw 19stone! Absolutely gutted as 3 months ago I was 17st 5.5lbs! Therefore I have gained 22.5lbs! This had to stop. At my heaviest I eas 20st 5lbs and I never want to get there again! Like EVER. I couldn't bend, walk or even get out that car. It was actually debilitating.

So today is day one of taking control. Going to second the day with family, going to mindful of snacking and hold out until I have a proper meal. I will also increase my water in take of water what with the warmer weather and I have been suffering with headaches too.

I will also do one job if my list of things to do...going to chip away at it one bit at a time! Good luck all and happy Sunday!
  • Neds1980
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am not doing too badly considering it is the holidays. I wanted to just stay in bed all day as feeling overwhelmed with everything I have to do! I managed a swim and cut the grass! Still have a list as long as my arm....but I am.taking it one step at a time!

Happy bank holiday Monday!
  • Neds1980
    Options
    Hi everyone I have been busy the past few days trying to catch up with family and friends. It has been hard to enjoy it and relax knowing I have so much to do!

I have managed to catch up with some household chores and have nearly finished all the.clothes washing (I should have done at the start of the week) but at least I have done them now.

As regards to diet. I am not 100% perfect but have managed to lose 2lbs so slowly chipping away at it.

Hope you are doing ok. Do share your successes and any areas you want to work on. I am here to listen and support you too!
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Neds1980 wrote: »
    Hi everyone I have been busy the past few days trying to catch up with family and friends. It has been hard to enjoy it and relax knowing I have so much to do!

I have managed to catch up with some household chores and have nearly finished all the.clothes washing (I should have done at the start of the week) but at least I have done them now.

As regards to diet. I am not 100% perfect but have managed to lose 2lbs so slowly chipping away at it.

Hope you are doing ok. Do share your successes and any areas you want to work on. I am here to listen and support you too!

Hi, it is good to see you checking in regularly here! These boards are so very useful, I love them.

One big thing I learned this time for me is that it’s a process than can seem slow at times but it adds up to some pretty big successes if you stick with it. Some weeks I have lost more than a lb and others well below that but now after almost 10 weeks, I am down 18lbs. If you take out the big loss the first two weeks its more like 10lbs in 8 weeks which is very reasonable.
  • candysashab88
    candysashab88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I’m new here and a stress eater. Glad to know I’m not alone