Sugar

Options
Does anyone else have problems with staying under in sugar? By the time I eat breakfast (My food diary is public if you want to see it) I'm over on sugar. Sigh!

Replies

• missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    You might try Almond Milk instead of cow's milk. It's such a creamy texture and I think it's taste is much better than soy milk. If you get the unsweetened, there's no sugar at all.

Also, I like Fiber One, but I eat the one with no sugar, I think it's just the basic Fiber One. You might try it and see if you like it...perhaps add some berries. Berries are high in fiber, but fairly low in sugar...and very high in nutrients and antioxidants.
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to lose, switch from starchy cereal and juice to boiled eggs and fresh fruit. Milk contains a lot of sugar, as does yogurt. You can replace that with hard cheese -- just one ounce of it.
  • jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    i'll be honest..i have a huge sweet tooth and when its bugging me i go for teddy grahams, fiber 1 bars, rice krispy treats etc... they're low calorie and of course have some sugar...i also eat a lot of fresh fruits,. i go over on my sugar every single day. i'm not blowing it out of the park with candy and cake or anything but i go over prob by 20-30 g every day... i'm still losing weight. heck...if i eat 2 servings of fruit i hit my sugar for the day- yeh...as long as ure losing and ure not saying "screw it i'll eat junk as long as i'm under calories" id think that you're fine... i'm no nutritionist and i'm sure my way isnt the "healthiest" way, but it works for me and i never feel deprived
  • KaylaKilgore
    KaylaKilgore Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your response, I'll look into the Almond Milk and also the basic Fiber one. This was the first time purchasing fiber one, I just knew I needed a whole lot more fiber then what I was getting.
  • KaylaKilgore
    KaylaKilgore Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I was actually thinking about that, if I stay under my calorie goals and eating well then I should still be fine. I see it as sugar = energy as long as I don't overdue it or stuff my face with junk food. Thank you for your response!
  • ffhpodunk
    Options
    I also recommend the unsweetened almond milk, I prefer vanilla. If you need the sweetness, you can add a pack a truvia. I also found a couple low sugar cereals: Ezekiel and Uncle Sam's both have less than 1g.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I never even look at my sugar intake, i know its going to be way over most days. My dietician said not to be overly concerned with my sugar and fat intake at this stage of my weight loss. She said the nearer i get to my goal weight, the more attention i have to pay to the fat and sugar, but for now, its all about calories.