Would you marry me?

Replies

• fitom80
    fitom80 Posts: 154 Member
    NVintage wrote: »
    & how will you guarantee it, haha? It is sexy that you'd insist on breaking the bank for your ticket here. Can you imagine marrying someone you've never met, though, or an arranged marriage? After I divorced, one of my uncles by marriage offered to set me up with a nice husband from his country. I politely declined! :blush:
    For sure i can garantee you there will be hanging things, one can find studies in science direct 😂 I can imagine it lot of ppl is risking whole sallary in lotteries so why not to bet whole life 😅
    Yes yes anytime when close relatives were trying to mediate a perfect woman for me I had to ask why they all take me for a charitable person also in this way 😂
  • fitom80
    Have you seen Married At First Sight? I watched the first three episodes and had to stop. I ached for everyone involved.

I will never forget customers coming in, and telling us how lonely they were. Me and a coworker half decided we should have set up a sideline in matchmaking. Don’t know why so many people felt so compelled to tell us these things. Theres a lot of lonely people and I sincerely wish there were a way to put them together without all the shallow “swipe” stuff.

Sorry to hijack @fitom80 ’s thread.

That’s something that’s always bothered me.

Such reality shows are shame. They cheaply attack feelings of ppl by choosing "right" partipants, they have no problem to choose people with clear mental problems, they involve kind of actors or exhibitionist, they manipulate partipants during whole
    recording e. g. to create conflicts. This is a criminal act but some ppl are watching and applauding.

Feel free to hijack it. 😉 Btw Impressive new photo. My admiration for you.

• NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited May 2021
    @springlering62 No, I haven't seen that show, but I'll check it out! I do agree about the reality shows being shameful, though. I've only watched the show Wifeswap that came out a long time ago where the wives would go to another family with completely different lifestyle from their own. I thought it was interesting, but it's hard to tell what is real and what is fictional in those. And I do think it is criminal to involve children in the shows. Hopefully, the adults should be smart enough to know what they're getting into!
    I don't think loneliness has anything to do with whether a person is married or not. I think a person prone to loneliness will be that way regardless. Just my opinion!!!:)
    fitom80 wrote: »
    Have you seen Married At First Sight? I watched the first three episodes and had to stop. I ached for everyone involved.

I will never forget customers coming in, and telling us how lonely they were. Me and a coworker half decided we should have set up a sideline in matchmaking. Don’t know why so many people felt so compelled to tell us these things. Theres a lot of lonely people and I sincerely wish there were a way to put them together without all the shallow “swipe” stuff.

Sorry to hijack @fitom80 ’s thread.

That’s something that’s always bothered me.

Such reality shows are shame. They cheaply attack feelings of ppl by choosing "right" partipants, they have no problem to choose people with clear mental problems, they involve kind of actors or exhibitionist, they manipulate partipants during whole
    recording e. g. to create conflicts. This is a criminal act but some ppl are watching and applauding.

Feel free to hijack it. 😉 Btw Impressive new photo. My admiration for you.

• fitom80
    @springlering62 No, I haven't seen that show, but I'll check it out! I do agree about the reality shows being shameful, though. I've only watched the show Wifeswap that came out a long time ago where the wives would go to another family with completely different lifestyle from their own. I thought it was interesting, but it's hard to tell what is real and what is fictional in those. And I do think it is criminal to involve children in the shows. Hopefully, the adults should be smart enough to know what they're getting into!
    I don't think loneliness has anything to do with whether a person is married or not.

Just laughing. We miss lot of inventions in my small EU country you have in US but we have local version of every stupid reality show 😅 yes this one opens easy way to create conflicts, jealousy, desire, fear of loosing partner... And yes children involved is biggest shame.. this is one of the most cynical reality shows
    I think a person prone to loneliness will be that way regardless. Just my opinion!!!:)
    Absolutely true (but there are some people who found meaning of life in partnership or closest family, avoid wider social contact. They may live happy life but when they get lonely from whatever reason(e.g. tragedy) they usually need help...)

And as I see, no one would marry me, I will have to marry phylosophy 😁
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,850 Member
    No, because I don't know you. And to be honest, I'm not into guys with a six-pack. Nothing personal. I prefer a little bit of cuddliness and a guy who doesn't spend too much time thinking about food and working out.
  • fitom80
    edited May 2021
    yirara wrote: »
    No, because I don't know you. And to be honest, I'm not into guys with a six-pack. Nothing personal. I prefer a little bit of cuddliness and a guy who doesn't spend too much time thinking about food and working out.

TY. I dont take it personal. To be honest this is common sight of lot of my (lady) friends. The truth is that I'm happy when I have 1 hr/day to think about 6 pack, built gym at home to save time.(you would hate more my job than gym) And my "diet" is nothing limiting, I dont count cals, I have no problem to eat in restaurants and I cook (not the best cook but trying as much healthy but sometimes there is time only for half junk 😅meals). OK on the other hand when I discussed deeper this topic with same group of (lady) friends i found its maybe more about fear that such 6 pacs partner will require something similar from them(perfect body) or that he would sooner or later search for such new partner or there is just fear he is too attractive for other women...
    Are you sure you are not a victim of wrong prejudice? 🙂
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member
    OK on the other hand when I discussed deeper this topic with same group of (lady) friends i found its maybe more about fear that such 6 pacs partner will require something similar from them(perfect body) or that he would sooner or later search for such new partner or there is just fear he is too attractive for other women...

This is a genuinely interesting question.

I’ve rejected several friend requests from 6pack profiles because they make me uncomfortable. Nor do I want my husband to have any reason to think I’m corresponding with buff guys.

However, you very rightly called me out for showing a similar profile myself. I never thought about it like that.

My profile pics are pride about where I’ve come from and where I am now.

I guess I should give menfolk the same grace I give myself.

But still, it makes me uncomfortable. And I totally understand where your lady friends are coming from. In my “female” head, self preservation tells me to beware of any dude who looks better than I do, for fear they’re always shopping.

(Not to slam Mr Springlering, who is a fine specimen of @yirara ’s ideal male.)

• NVintage
    edited May 2021
    That is a bit presumptuous. Sure, a lot of men who work out would like women who are fit. I've known more really fit men to have curvy wives, though, so that must not always be true. Plus, having a 6pack isn't a trait that's permanent to someone's appearance so I think it would be silly to write someone off just for exercising a lot!!! That's funny ,too, about avoiding sexy guy friends. Do you think he'll be less jealous about the less good looking ones, haha! I know from experience that's probably not true:D
  • michellschie
    michellschie Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2021
    How old are you?
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    OK on the other hand when I discussed deeper this topic with same group of (lady) friends i found its maybe more about fear that such 6 pacs partner will require something similar from them(perfect body) or that he would sooner or later search for such new partner or there is just fear he is too attractive for other women...

I’ve rejected several friend requests from 6pack profiles because they make me uncomfortable. Nor do I want my husband to have any reason to think I’m corresponding with buff guys.

However, you very rightly called me out for showing a similar profile myself. I never thought about it like that.

But still, it makes me uncomfortable. And I totally understand where your lady friends are coming from. In my “female” head, self preservation tells me to beware of any dude who looks better than I do, for fear they’re always shopping.

I’m already married, so can’t answer the original question.

I did date a bodybuilder once and we both decided it didn’t work. To be that fit requires a significant investment in time and energy, and in his case it didn’t leave much for other pursuits. He was the classic stereotype of a bro who is too into his own looks to have much of a personality. Also, I found out later he told his friends I was “high maintenance,” which seems to mean I expected to be treated well, unlike most ladies who fawned all over him.

It was interesting walking into places with him and having heads turn... to look at HIM! If I were free, I would be willing to try dating a guy that good-looking again, who knows, maybe this one has hidden depths.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member
    That is a bit presumptuous….. That's funny ,too, about avoiding sexy guy friends. Do you think he'll be less jealous about the less good looking ones, haha! I know from experience that's probably not true:D

Presumptuous maybe, but I’ve got friends who’ve been there. And surely it’s a reflection of my own inadequacy, too.

Under no circumstances would I do anything to make Mr Spring jealous. We did hit a brief patch where he seemed confused and even dismayed about my weight loss, but I made it a point to reassure him it was for me and me alone. Shared things from these boards with him, made sure he knew where I was, invited him on walks, and to go to the gym and watch a couple of training sessions.

He’s such a doll, I think he had this fuzzy idea I was at the gym where buff guys were peeling grapes for me. Bless his heart. I’m old enough to be their momma and/or grandma. I’m genuinely touched he thought that.

Silly, but when you have a lifetimer like him, a little extra TLC keeps things on an even keel. We get so engrossed in the process, and spend so much private time logging and working out and generally focusing on it, we forget our weight loss and piddly efforts at “body building”can have weird morale effects on those around us. Even my kids were flipping out at first. They had no memory of me not obese, and one was angry for a while, believe it or not.
  • fitom80
    edited May 2021

You are very open minded and nice person. It's just empathy to your partner (not all ppl are able).

Summarise. hardly explainable to any partner under normal circumstances why is one doing selfie photos in the bath ;-) It's reason for as_s kick.
    On the other hand grown up partner should understand you progress photos (although you will have to bravely accept jokes about it as a small tax) and participation in such community (what isn't easy for sure).

Shopping...good point, this was also one of the topics.... but for sure you like a man in James Bond smoking, what requires shopping, the guestion is only if that man has shopping as a key hobby (like lot of women) or just do it as necessity...maybe to look good for you ;-) ...and maybe you will get a partner beside your (lady) friends who will time to time assist you by shopping and make it common joy...;-)

• fitom80
    To be that fit requires a significant investment in time and energy, and in his case it didn’t leave much for other pursuits. He was the classic stereotype of a bro who is too into his own looks to have much of a personality. Also, I found out later he told his friends I was “high maintenance,” which seems to mean I expected to be treated well, unlike most ladies who fawned all over him.

It was interesting walking into places with him and having heads turn... to look at HIM! If I were free, I would be willing to try dating a guy that good-looking again, who knows, maybe this one has hidden depths.

To be fit requires up to 1 hours 3-6 times a week. Strength training over 50 minutes is not effective. Aerobic workout is more about overall (heart) health and may be something you enjoy together - long walks, biking, swimming, inline skating, running, bedminton whatever. Only complication can be different eating habits but one can find always working compromise. I like, you didn't make any finite conclusion from one bad experience. Small note .... there are also women and man who want to control/own all the free time of partner. Most often they do not have any own hobbies. In such case it's hard to establish harmonic relationship when other partner is active. It's natural.
  • fitom80
    How old are you?
    Michelle, my physical age is 41 and the mental one you need to determine self :smiley::smiley:

• NVintage
    That's understandable! I was the same way when I was married. I probably missed out on a few good friendships, but he was worth it.:)
    That is a bit presumptuous….. That's funny ,too, about avoiding sexy guy friends. Do you think he'll be less jealous about the less good looking ones, haha! I know from experience that's probably not true:D

Presumptuous maybe, but I’ve got friends who’ve been there. And surely it’s a reflection of my own inadequacy, too.

Under no circumstances would I do anything to make Mr Spring jealous. We did hit a brief patch where he seemed confused and even dismayed about my weight loss, but I made it a point to reassure him it was for me and me alone. Shared things from these boards with him, made sure he knew where I was, invited him on walks, and to go to the gym and watch a couple of training sessions.

He’s such a doll, I think he had this fuzzy idea I was at the gym where buff guys were peeling grapes for me. Bless his heart. I’m old enough to be their momma and/or grandma. I’m genuinely touched he thought that.

Silly, but when you have a lifetimer like him, a little extra TLC keeps things on an even keel. We get so engrossed in the process, and spend so much private time logging and working out and generally focusing on it, we forget our weight loss and piddly efforts at “body building”can have weird morale effects on those around us. Even my kids were flipping out at first. They had no memory of me not obese, and one was angry for a while, believe it or not.

• NVintage
    @fitom80 I think she meant shopping as in shopping for other women, hahaha ;)

• mike192837645
    mike192837645 Posts: 11 Member
    I'm a guy but if the price is right.
  • NVintage
    ;)

bmmafofiim1o.png
  • fitom80
    ;)

bmmafofiim1o.png

Where did you found a photo of me?! I need to improve my accounts security.
  • fitom80
    @fitom80 I think she meant shopping as in shopping for other women, hahaha ;)
    :-) thank you now I understand, it makes perfect sense...sorry my english is even more limiting than my IQ :-D