Weight loss

How I start with diet calculation and basic workouts for weight loss

Replies

• mike192837645
    mike192837645 Posts: 11 Member
    If you want weight loss, pure discipline, and quantity consumed.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 8,283 Member
    edited May 2021
    Hi, @gipsins2006 Welcome to MFP.

It’s confusing and overwhelming at first, isn’t it? I went through about a month of “deer in the headlights” when I first started. (And still feel that way once in a while.)

Go in to Goals and enter your height, weight, activity level and goal weight. MFP will suggest a calorie goal per day. As long as you stay at that calorie goal, mathematically you should lose weight.

Your body, however, isn’t an abacus. You’re going to experience crazy fluctuations, especially the first month as you settle down. You may lose weight and then appear to gain it all back, for a hundred and one reasons.

Just be patient and diligent. Get a cheap food scale and learn to weigh in grams. It’s MUCH more accurate than cups and tablespoons. And once you get the hang, it’s much easier, too.

Just because you go over one, two or seven days, don’t beat yourself up. Just carry on shooting for that goal.

Read these boards religiously for advice, tips, support and ask questions. no question is too dumb or piddly. If you want to know, chances are a hundred other people have the same question and are too shy to ask. Ask!!!!!!!

My weight loss has been 50% accurate weighing, 50% honest logging and 50% board education.

Here’s a great starting point:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Much success to you. 😘
  • myla888
    myla888 Posts: 2 Member
    If you want weight loss, pure discipline, and quantity consumed.
    How I start with diet calculation and basic workouts for weight loss

Help