Covid19 Pounds

Options
jdh419
jdh419 Posts: 65 Member
I gained 30 during covid19! Is anyone else is this situation? At a time when I should have concentrated on my self, instead I used food as comfort.

Replies

• Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I gained 15 lbs during Covid 19. I’ve lost 10 pounds of it so far. I’ve managed to stick with it mostly because I was recently diagnosed with pre diabetes and I really don’t want that to progress to diabetes. During covid I ate mostly healthy food during the day but my evening snacking was out of control. I need to lose 30-40 more pounds to get to my goal weight and am very determined to get there. Nothing like a health scare to motivate me!
  • jdh419
    jdh419 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Kupla, it's difficult but I am determined too!
  • strangeanimal55
    strangeanimal55 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I managed to lose about 25 lbs last year but then gained some back before 2020 was over. Gotta flatten my COVID 19 curves too ykwim
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I’ve found Covid to be such a weight rollercoaster. I started poorly - gained about 20 pounds in the first few months (hello comfort baking). Then I got motivated and lost almost 30. Then gained 20
    back. Ugh! Now I have 30 to lose to get to my goal weight and am feeling motivated again. Hoping to keep it up this time 🙂. Would love some friends to motivate if you would like to add me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I put on 20ish. Mostly due to everything being closed and I couldn't participate in what is usually a pretty active lifestyle. I took about 13 off from mid Feb through mid April and have just been maintaining. Working on another 10 for my vacation at the end of July.
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Thanks to Covid 19 and a very stressful move I gained 30lbs. Technically 31lbs. Since April I've lost 13lbs and well at least I stopped digging the hole and started climbing out of it.
  • cianag
    cianag Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think this has happened to lots of people, but I think I gained more than most. I gained 20 during covid work from home time. Then I retired and gained 5 more. :( So, yesterday I started using Dr. Jason Fung guidelines. I'm working on my first step of cutting out sugar. After I get a handle of on that, I will start intermittent fasting. Though, I sort of do that already. My nighttime fast is 12 hours, so it should be easy enough to extend it.