Halloween Hot Mamas (CLOSED) Week 1: Orange

Options
Week 1 Check-In: Orange

All right! Let’s see how everyone did. Post below and answer the following:

1. How many points did you earn this week? Remember that we started last Thursday, so there are 5 days rather than 7 that you’re tallying here. (1 point for each day of exercise, 1 point for each day of hitting your calorie goal, and 5 points for each pound lost)
2. Give a summary of how this week went with a break-down of where your points came from
3. Do you have any fun plans for Halloween costumes—for you, for you and your significant other, or for your baby? Tell us all about it.

Special challenge for next week: Go to http://operationbeautiful.com/about-2/ and http://operationbeautiful.com/send-in-your-notes/ and read a bit about Operation Beautiful. I found out about this project when I saw a sticky note in a bathroom at my college a year or so ago. It totally made my day! Remember that avoiding fat talk and helping others do the same is a huge step in staying happy and motivated while losing weight. You get 2 points for simply reading the 2 pages and another 3 if you actually post a sticky note somewhere. :)

Good work this week, ladies! KEEP IT UP!

Replies

• ical50
    Options
    1. Points: Exercise- 5, Calorie goal- 5, Pounds lost-0 = Total 10 points

2. Sorry ladies! I was not good this past 5 days! Thursday or Friday, I hit my lowest weight yet, so I treated myself a bit. I have been doing awesome and steadily losing. Thankfully, I did get in all my workout time and stay under calories! I promise to kick butt this next week!

3. I don't plan to dress up for Halloween, at least not as of this moment. But, I do plan to dress up the kiddos! I'm thinking Star Wars, as that is my husbands childhood obsession. So, our son who will be 9 mo. by Halloween is going to be Master Yoda. I want to have our daughter coordinate, but have not found a costume for her yet. I'm thinking I'm going to have to piece together my own creation!
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Ok... So this week wasn't that great but here goes. I got a total of 7 points this week.

3 points for staying under my calorie goal
    4 points for keeping up with my excercise including my two of days on Saturday and Sunday
    0 points for pounds lost (maybe next week lol)

I'm hoping to find some cute couples costume for me and my sweetie, last year we where Indians lol. Noah hasn't decided what he wants to be yet, last year he was a ninja so I'm sure it will be something interesting.
  • Cbecons
    Cbecons Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi all! This was a telling week for me as this is my full first week. Total points for me 5.

4 on my calorie goal
    1 on the exercise goal
    0 for weight lost.

I am going to add more exercise this week.

As for Halloween, since Halloween is not big in our neck of the woods, My Family and another couple are going to throw our 2nd annual Party. The boys are Bumblebee and Buzz Lightyear, we are trying to come up with ideas, The Bushes were one idea (greenery and a pearl necklace) but we are entertaining others.
  • futuremrsh_71412
    Options
    First week was a struggle for me but I managed to do pretty well. My difficulty was in not using food as a comfort and had a rough day on Sunday but talked it out instead of eating to make myself feel better. My sweetie was a big support for me that day!!!!

I have a total of 19 points: 4 for exercise, 10 for loosing 2 lbs, and 5 for reaching my calorie goal daily.

For Halloween we have talked about dressing up as the Coneheads!!!!! My son wants to be a Power Ranger, big surprise there!!!

Good luck everyone!!!!!
  • minussam
    minussam Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Week 1:

total points: 11 points
    4 points for exercise, 2 points for eating and 5 points for loosing weight
    My weekend was (surprisingly) good. But both Friday and Monday my diet was less than ideal...

I'm not that big into dressing up so I probably won't. But I'll still have a look around. It's just always sooo cold here.
    My son will probably be a member of Lightning McQueen's racing team. After all, Lightning is the coolest.....lol

Never heard of Operation Beautiful. Will check it out.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I have 14 points: down 1.6 lbs (5 points), exercised all 5 days (5 points) and was within my calories 4 days (4 points)

I don't usually dress up for Halloween. With 4 kids, their costumes are about all I can wrap my mind around.
  • Pinkdueces2
    Pinkdueces2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This week I earned...
    5 points for staying under my calorie goal
    5 points for hitting my exercise everyday!! (I did use one rest day, although I allow myself 2 rest days a week)
    15 points for weight loss!!! Yes, that's right! I lost 3lbs this week!! I could be any happier!! I was on a plateau for 6 weeks and I would like to thank Sophiabethsmom for starting this group! I think it was the jump start I needed!!

25 points TOTAL!!

For Halloween this year, I was thinking about being a Dallas cowboy cheerleader. I can dress my son and fiancée up as Dallas cowboy football players as well! I thought this would be cute. The only problem is that my fiancée doesn't want to dress up!! Ahhh!! But either way, I'm dressing up!! I've worked hard for this, and it's been years since I felt comfortable enough to dress up!!
  • JeyyDeezer79
    JeyyDeezer79 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! here are my points for week 1:

4 on my calorie goal
    5 on the exercise goal
    0 for weight lost. - I am going to wait until next tues. to weigh myself....I'm scared one week wasn't enough for any results....

Total - 9 points

Not sure if I am dressing up girls for Halloween or not, it's my girls first Halloween so I may just focus on them and then do a family thing next year when they are old enough to understand and do it as a family.

Week one was a real eye opener - it made me see how fast the calories can add up!!

GO TEAM ORANGE!!! Great job everyone!!!
  • JeyyDeezer79
    Options
    Good job!!!!
  • ical50
    Options
    This week I earned...
    5 points for staying under my calorie goal
    5 points for hitting my exercise everyday!! (I did use one rest day, although I allow myself 2 rest days a week)
    15 points for weight loss!!! Yes, that's right! I lost 3lbs this week!! I could be any happier!! I was on a plateau for 6 weeks and I would like to thank Sophiabethsmom for starting this group! I think it was the jump start I needed!!

25 points TOTAL!!

3lbs! Awesome! Way to go! Great for you! Keep it up girl!
  • cassyparker
    Options
    5 points from me, 2 for excercise and 3 for hitting my calorie goal. We spent two days driving all day to get to my sisiters wedding and then my sister's wedding was sunday so I ate a bit to much on a couple of those days. Just motivation to stay with it though :) And hopefully I've found a gym with childcare! Very exciting.

I'm thinking about dressing up as a troll doll for halloween one of the ones that were really popular in the 80's
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Great Job everyone!!
  • Pinkdueces2
    Pinkdueces2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!
  • JeyyDeezer79
    Options
    Week 1:

total points: 11 points
    4 points for exercise, 2 points for eating and 5 points for loosing weight
    My weekend was (surprisingly) good. But both Friday and Monday my diet was less than ideal...

I'm not that big into dressing up so I probably won't. But I'll still have a look around. It's just always sooo cold here.
    My son will probably be a member of Lightning McQueen's racing team. After all, Lightning is the coolest.....lol

Never heard of Operation Beautiful. Will check it out.

11points!! awesome :happy:
  • JeyyDeezer79
    Options

Special challenge for next week: Go to http://operationbeautiful.com/about-2/ and http://operationbeautiful.com/send-in-your-notes/ and read a bit about Operation Beautiful. I found out about this project when I saw a sticky note in a bathroom at my college a year or so ago. It totally made my day! Remember that avoiding fat talk and helping others do the same is a huge step in staying happy and motivated while losing weight. You get 2 points for simply reading the 2 pages and another 3 if you actually post a sticky note somewhere. :)

Went to the site!! love it - posted it on my Facebook Page and will be leaving notes for sure - thank you for this site