Picky Eater

Options
pvolpe62
pvolpe62 Posts: 2 Member
Just wondering how a guy who eats very few vegetables and no fruit can diet effectively? I eat lettuce, potatoes and corn. I basically eat no fruit. I have been blessed to not be overweight -- but now that I am 58, I see a little belly. I am getting rid of it -- but I am eating plain salads, lots of eggs, meat, potatoes. No bread - pizza -- very low carbs -- no fast food. Thoughts??

Replies

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I don't eat fruits or veggies due to an ongoing stomach issue.

You don't need those things for weight loss. You only need a calorie deficit, and you can create a calorie deficit eating nothing but fast food if you're careful.

Log your food, stay in your goals, and you will lose weight.

For the sake of your health, on the other hand, you should try to eat at least some fruits and veggies. Try different recipes and such.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    +1 to all the above. All you need is a calorie deficit if your only concern is weight loss.

Nutrient deficiencies are a different story, though - scurvy is a bad look for anybody. Consider talking with your doctor and maybe having some bloodwork done to see if you're low or at-risk with any vitamins or nutrients. If you are, and you really just can't stomach foods high in whatever you're lacking, then you can look into supplementation. But it is possible to OD on vitamins, and side effects of that range from "your pee turns orange" to spontaneous fracture, so, work with a doc to address those problems if they exist.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Your microbiome and your immune system will take a beating without veggies and fresh fruit. You'll take around 10 years off your life. I'd try to start liking them.