Help researching Green Smoothies

Options
Hey Guys I am looking into transitioning into a more organic raw diet. I am looking for good books, website, ebooks etc.. that can give some good scientific backed strategies for an active life style. I've ordered a Blendtec blender and hope to go grocery shopping this weekend for green smoothies mixes.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Replies

• shgreen612
    shgreen612 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This might not be exactly what you are looking for, but I like this site: http://greenmonstermovement.com/

Good luck! I make green smoothies several times a week in the morning - love them!
  • Marquettedominos
    Marquettedominos Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    We use a Vita Mix blender. We chose it over a BlendTech mostly because of the tamper. With a Blendtech you dont have one. The tamper makes it so much easier to shove frozen fruit onto the blades.
    We do 2-3 smoothies a day. So much easier to get your green veggies that way. You can check out my FD it is public.

Also check out the following websites:

www.greensmoothiegirl.com

www.greensmoothie.com/blend/green.php
  • maggiemae234
    Options
    Check out the website www.jointhereboot.com.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    This might not be exactly what you are looking for, but I like this site: http://greenmonstermovement.com/

Good luck! I make green smoothies several times a week in the morning - love them!

The Green Monster site was interesting. Definitely makes me want to make one.
  • trailpup
    Options
    I was given the book 'Green for Life' by Victoria Boutenko. I love green smoothies! A new edition came out last year so read the new edition. Victoria is into 'raw food' and also has some other books out you'll want to read after this one. The Boutenkos also have a website: rawfamily.com and a green smoothie blog, and some helpful videos.

Another necessity if you want to do green smoothies---you'll need a VitaMixer. Vitamixers are worth every dollar you'll spend on them and they break the greens down to the cellular level you need them at to get all the nutrients.

Enjoy!