Myfitnesspal

Message Boards General Health, Fitness and Diet
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Anyone use dance videos for exercise?

Rannoch3908Rannoch3908 Member Posts: 165 Member Member Posts: 165 Member
Is looking into Beachbody.
I'm wondering about their dance style workout videos.

Anyone use these with success?

Are there any free (or cheaper) options online?

Replies

• Speakeasy76Speakeasy76 Member Posts: 764 Member Member Posts: 764 Member
    Just look up Zumba orcardio dance on YpuTune and you will find a TON for free. You'll have to deal with shorts ads every now and then it to me it's not a big deal. You can find whole classes, or what I do is just pick one song and then YouTube typically follows it up with a similar song/dance sale. It's great because it's a variety and I can do as many as I want.

• JJordonJJordon Member Posts: 872 Member Member Posts: 872 Member
    Beachbody has some good options.

Just off the top of my head:

Shawn T's Rockin' Body and Hip-Hop Abs.

Autumn C's Country Heat.

Chalene Johnson's Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, and to a lesser degree Chalean eXtreme.

Les Mills Combat

Beachbody's attempt at an in-house Les Mills Combat, Core de Force.

I've completed a round of Turbo Jam and Chalean eXtreme, back to back, which are dancy-type, music-based cardio kickboxing in the past with success. Especially when paired with UFC-type open fingered MMA gloves 4-8 ounces, or the once touted Les Mills Combat gloves, when Les Mills was being licensed by Beachbody for a time.

The other programs, I have not tried.
    edited May 23
  • skinnyrev2bskinnyrev2b Member Posts: 397 Member Member Posts: 397 Member
    I do Pop sugar cardio dance vids. I find them lots of fun to do and an easy way of getting some cardio in without feeling like you're working over hard.
  • Rannoch3908Rannoch3908 Member Posts: 165 Member Member Posts: 165 Member
    Any free ones?
  • Speakeasy76Speakeasy76 Member Posts: 764 Member Member Posts: 764 Member
    Any free ones?

Just search for "cardio dance" or "Zumba" on YouTube and you will find a ton of free ones.
  • CLAWSMITHCLAWSMITH Member Posts: 17 Member Member Posts: 17 Member
    I like shinedancefitness.com
    The cheapest tier is $11/month and they release several new workouts every week.

They have some free workouts (with ads) on YouTube if you want to test them out first.
  • JazzykattJazzykatt Member Posts: 37 Member Member Posts: 37 Member
    I do Up To The Beat Fitness on YouTube. The host is Gina B. She has a great variety of fun and easy dance workouts with popular music from the decades.