Whole Wheat Bread

Options
2»

Replies

• mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    "Everything in moderation," as they say. Commercially, I usually choose Dave's Killer varieties if available, or any of the whole grain, simple-ingredient breads you can get at Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. I do, however, bake my own for the family about 85% of the time. This way I control the ingredients, from the quality of the flour(s), omission of sugar and sweeteners and fillers/conditioners, and any additives, such as fiber, whey, seeds or whatnot (bread can and should be as close to flour, water, yeast and a dash of salt as it can be, plus anything else you like to add for flavor etc.). I find my bread has less calories, is more moderate in glycemic load, tastes better, is of course, fresher, and more budget-friendly. I do confess that since we've now embarked on "summer grilling season," to getting commercial buns for BBQ items. Our little concession to treats, LOL. As part of an integrated meal plan, getting your preferred mix of macro nutrients and calorie load, there's no need to get weird about bread or other grains, unless you are that part of the population with issues, such as celiac. Since I'm lazy, LOL, my preferred method of bread baking is called "no knead," as seen in such youtube channels as artisanbreadwithstev. Generally pretty easy.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,520 Member
    Options
    jdh419 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! Cutting out whole food groups for me doesn't work, I am not low carb. I guess I am overthinking it. LOL!

You’re not overthinking. You’re new to thinking about it. We’ve all been there.

Underthinking what we eat is what got us here in the first place.

It is a step in the great and glorious path to weight loss.

You’re doing great!