Weight loss wrinkles

Hey there.
I'm now in my journey of losing weight and have lost 15 pounds so far, but a couple weeks ago I discovered a wrinkle across my whole forehead and I'm only 21. I want to continue losing weight but now I'm concerned if it will only get worse.
Did anyone have it similar and what did you do about it?
Is there any, maybe, face massage? Or probably some food may help?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    You're young so give it time to see if your skin retracts. With people who have a lot to lose (80+lbs seems to be the line in most of my clients cases) loose skin isn't unusual. Sometimes it retracts, sometimes it doesn't. Age, genetics and how much you have to lose are factors.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • saramelie77
    saramelie77 Posts: 50 Member
    Avoid the sun and moisturize!
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure losing 15 lb doesn't make your forehead sag. Thirding the suggestions for moisturizer and sunscreen - the Skincare Addicts subreddit is a decent resource as well.

(Also, congratulations on losing 15 lbs!)
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    I agree with the above that it probably wasn't the weightloss but simply life. I'm 28 almost 29 and got my first and only forehead line at 20... it's stayed put but no companions yet.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    No, I’m in my 40’s and have lost 72lbs and I’ve been told I look younger. I don’t know if that’s true but I don’t feel like I’ve gotten more wrinkly or older looking.
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    No, I’m in my 40’s and have lost 72lbs and I’ve been told I look younger. I don’t know if that’s true but I don’t feel like I’ve gotten more wrinkly or older looking.

I look a little bit saggy in places now at 25 lbs down, but I expect my skin to mostly catch up even if it takes a bit of time. On the other hand, my complexion and skin tone have improved a LOT, so on the whole I think I look younger, or at least less perpetually tired! :D

Seconding (thirding, fourthing :) ) the advice for good skincare including sunscreen.
  • ninerbuff
    Avoid the sun and moisturize!
    I wouldn't avoid the sun. Vitamin D is important. I would avoid EXCESSIVE time in the sun though.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    So...wrinkles are a thing of life. They will happen eventually. So will grey hair...in areas that aren't meant to be discussed in polite company. And menopause. And...

That said, for this wrinkle you can check in with your family doc (or, better yet,a dermatologist) about some preventative measures you can take as of now to try to slow down potential progression of the matter.
  • ninerbuff
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    So...wrinkles are a thing of life. They will happen eventually. So will grey hair...in areas that aren't meant to be discussed in polite company. And menopause. And...

That said, for this wrinkle you can check in with your family doc (or, better yet,a dermatologist) about some preventative measures you can take as of now to try to slow down potential progression of the matter.
    Hahahaha! So every week, I check my nostrils for white hairs.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png