obsessing...what will my next meal be?

Options
Im not even hungry- but im sitting here obsessing about my next meal. Why? Right now I'm just looking at my food diary trying to plan out the day. But really....I don't want to be thinking about food all day every day- whether it's "planning the day" or because I just WANT to eat....

How do you get your mind out of the pantry, and onto something else (without your mind wondering...I have such a short attention span!)

Replies

• Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I used to plan everything carefully when I started. It gets easier and more intuitive with time. No worries :-)
  • arykh24
    Options
    eat the same thing everyday...or close to it. It takes the guesswork out of it. You will already know what is on the menu for your meals and there will be no need to obsess about it.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    plan your meals in advance and stay busy during the day with other tasks.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    It does get easier with time. Though I find that when I plan my days - usually at the beginning of the week since it's just me and I have to make lunch - I don't think about it as much. So when I get hungry I already have a packed snack to eat. :smile:
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    I spend a few hours on Sunday planning my food for the rest of the week, and this includes grocery shopping and cooking in bulk. That way I already know what I'm going to eat for the rest of the week. It gives me more time to worry about other things, and I'm eating out a lot less. It seems kind of intensive, but I seriously have no worries about food until Sunday rolls around again, and I have to plan out what to eat for the following week.
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Do this to and it's so distracting myself because then all day I think about how I wrote that I should be eating this at that time . I would say write it down later in the day after you ate but if your like me I have a short memory and would forget how much lol
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about obsessing. It is good to have a plan and a back up plan too. As you get into a routine it will become easier. I spent the first month or two on recipe websites, buying magazines, and planning my calories and adjusting and re adjusting things so I could fit something else in.

Best wishes.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I sit down on a Sunday afternoon and plan my evening meals for the week. I do my lunch and breakfast day to day depending on the calorie content of my main meal but it's much less to worry about not having to do my main meals everyday.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch almost every day. Then i have more freedom for whatever dinner the family has.
  • Cassi_Lynnette
    Options
    eat the same thing everyday...or close to it. It takes the guesswork out of it. You will already know what is on the menu for your meals and there will be no need to obsess about it.
    I can't eat the same thing every single day- i get bored way too easily for that!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I used to plan everything carefully when I started. It gets easier and more intuitive with time. No worries :-)

I agree with this. I've been at this long enough to estimate my macros too. I just know what foods are high protein and about how much is in a 4oz portion of each. That being said, I still log, but I usually won't finish logging dinner... I just know how many calories I have to play with and what I need to finish hitting my protein level for the day. It makes it easier for me.

Some people are religious food loggers and have been logging everything, everyday for over a year. I think that's awesome if it's something you can do. If that were me, I would be pulling my hair out by now, lol. I need a little flexibility with it.