Creative Failure

johnstonkevin457
johnstonkevin457 Posts: 13 Member
edited May 2021 in Success Stories
Creative Failure.

I have found a way to fail in my dieting that really works for me. Sometimes, that day comes where I know I am not going to make it. My appetite is huge and it is early in the day and I am already near my calorie goal.

So I surrender the calorie battle and go for nutrition. Today, I "blew it" by overeating turkey breast, whole wheat bread, and broccoli. So I won by eating in a healthy manner. Tomorrow, back on the calorie counting.

Replies

• Jenpec98
    Jenpec98 Posts: 49 Member
    I think that some days are just like that. You are hungrier that usual, almost like your body is craving nutrients. Good on you for listening to your body.
  • pabmac
    pabmac Posts: 53 Member
    Huh, I really like this. Thanks for the tip- that’ll help me not stress out as much about days like that
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Inspiring!
  • Some days are easy then have been with you on the others. Need to remember to live for yourself and not for the glory of food. Feeling better everyday that my first 30 Lbs. came off can't wait for the next 30 :)
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    edited June 2021
    Something like what I've been working on. If I'm going over, Make sure it's on food and not snacks. There's a huge difference between both.
  • AKTipsyCat
    AKTipsyCat Posts: 240 Member
    Love that idea. WTG! We aren't meant to live lives of deprivation, sometimes we just gotta eat! But it doesn't have to be a sleeve of girl scout cookies.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I try to log as much in advance as I can, so then I know "okay, I have 250 calories left to play with today, so if I do need a pick-me-up around 2 PM I can go get a bag of m&ms and still come in under budget."
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    I am sometimes like that - if I'm going over, I'm going over in nutrition, darn it.

Conversely, if I'm going over it's going to be on food I freaking LOVE and really, really want. Last time I did that was a few months ago and it was on a whole lotta cheese. Really really good fancy cheese.

Either way it's going to be worth it ;-)
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Some days you get hungry and if you eat healthy it has got to be good for us! Good job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!