Another Spark People refugee!

Well, in 2018 my old website Calorie Count shut down, so I moved to Spark People. And now it looks like it is time to move again! I'm in my mid-30s and I need to lose a good 40 pounds at minimum. My weight is around 175 right now, down from a high of 260. I've been struggling lately and gained back weight due to problems in my personal life, but I'm ready to get back on track. I enjoy walking, reading, and playing games!

Replies

• dizzybritches
    dizzybritches Posts: 4 Member
    Hi,Moonbear. I’m a refugee from SP too. We have similar goals! Nice to meet you and all the MFP community.
  • OnceAndFutureAthlete
    OnceAndFutureAthlete Posts: 192 Member
    Hi and welcome! I'm not a prolific poster. And this is my 2nd round with MFP. But I'm back because I've found when I use it, it works. Best of luck to you!
  • Sioranth
    Sioranth Posts: 306 Member
    Another SP migration here, too!
  • Skyler103
    Skyler103 Posts: 121 Member
    I never tried spark people, but MyFitnessPal has helped me lose many times. Unfortunately, I keep gaining it back. This time I've decided to eat more and lose slowly so I can make it a lifestyle change for good. I have an open diary and eat whatever I want as long as it fits in my calorie goal. Feel free to friend me.
  • Saltlife47
    Saltlife47 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello, I am also on SparkPeople, but have heard that they are shutting down and revamping and by the looks of it at this point, I'm not a fan :neutral:
  • MargeMillb
    MargeMillb Posts: 13 Member
    I'm also on SP. Just been there a couple months.
  • candysashab88
    candysashab88 Posts: 71 Member
    Me 2. I just started and they are shutting down! I’m here 2
  • NanLHT
    NanLHT Posts: 2 Member
    I'm moving over as well from sp. Happy to take a friend request here from other Spark People migrants.
  • rondajo56
    rondajo56 Posts: 556 Member
    Hi everyone! I too am from SP. I joined a group called NEEDING SUPPORT WITH WEIGHT LOSS. The group was started by my leader from SP. Check it out. Join us. WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU THERE!!
  • Farmersonja1
    Farmersonja1 Posts: 6 Member
    Me also. Been using it off and on for about 10 years now. Back on for about 2 months. Mad about the direction it's now going in. Good luck!
  • Fancygirl76
    Fancygirl76 Posts: 14 Member
    me to. I was on there years ago and did so good. I just got back on SP last month....and bam....lol. so here I am. I would love to make some fiends on here for accountability.
  • sparrow152
    sparrow152 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi. I'm from Spark too. New yesterday. I like what I see so far.
  • BFINE4
    BFINE4 Posts: 2 Member
    I find that MFP has a expanded database of the kind of foods that I eat. Don't have to enter as many manually.
    Glad to be here.
  • Jacqpra
    Jacqpra Posts: 23 Member
    Here from Spark as well!!!! Hello!
  • Brooklyn_Born
    Brooklyn_Born Posts: 64 Member
    Another Spark refugee here. I was VERY active over there and it took me awhile to move all my blogs to my website. Surprise! The account I opened over her 12 years ago was still active. So I am still Brooklyn_Born.
  • eryvenker1230
    eryvenker1230 Posts: 3 Member
    I used to be on sp, that's sad that so is shutting down
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    I came from SP, which I used back in 2006 until they sold out. Welcome!