Lost 33 pounds! Just 37 to go!!! Thanks keto!

Options
budonyan
budonyan Posts: 38 Member
edited May 2021 in Success Stories
I love my diet. The only animal fat I have is half and half in the morning with my coffee. I'm eating TONS of almonds.

Pregnancy + pandemic last year = so much gain lol, but I'm killing it!

Replies

• SilverJem77
    SilverJem77 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! I have similar stats. I'm down 30 and have about 40 to go. Thankfully no more pregnancies for me, but I broke my ankle last July and recovery hasn't been easy.

Keep up the hard work!! It's going to be so amazing when we reach our goals.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Great job, keep at it.
  • IheartPGH
    IheartPGH Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It's so refreshing to hear someone using "healthy" keto as a means for weight loss. Eating buckets of KFC without the breading and Big Macs without the bun just never made sense to me.
  • HerbsandMore
    HerbsandMore Posts: 2,350 Member
    Options
    I'm new here & was wondering what do you eat besides tons of almonds?
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I'm new here & was wondering what do you eat besides tons of almonds?

I try and atay low carb for me, my snacka are veggies. beef jerky, sunflower seeds, pistachios, peanuts, main meals protein and veggies and a occasional carb like a baked potato, a sandwich of meat cheese lettuce tomato regular food, measured and or weighed.🥦🍤🧀🥬🥑🥗🥪🍓🍗🥓☕🍽
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    the weight comes off fast with keto but nothing I could stay on. I went to low carb 100 gr or less and do good with that. Getting off all those carbs has sure worked for me.
  • S2SMichele
    S2SMichele Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please help me to begin on keto - the results I hear from others are phenomenal!
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    I am starting to wonder if those who have a lot of success with Keto might have a bit of an intolerance to gluten. I know I've always had an intolerance to it because whenever I'd eat couscous or cream of wheat my stomach would blow up looking like I was 3 months pregnant! Wheat bread and pasta really didn't bother my stomach. Now it does! I had to cut it out completely, recently, and find myself losing weight even though I'm eating a varied diet including all food groups with grits, wild rice, brown rice and quinoa and canyon bakehouse bread instead of wheat products. What do you all think? Shouldn't you try that before cutting out grains completely?
    S2SMichele wrote: »
    Please help me to begin on keto - the results I hear from others are phenomenal!

• dirtycory
    dirtycory Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    S2SMichele wrote: »

Search dr berg on YouTube and watch as many of his videos as possible....
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    the weight comes off fast with keto but nothing I could stay on. I went to low carb 100 gr or less and do good with that. Getting off all those carbs has sure worked for me.

I also don't do well on low carb. I have come t othe conlusion that it is really important to find out what works for you and you body, and also to keep an eye on what might be changing with age.
  • JenneauInLA
    JenneauInLA Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are killing it! Keto does work--I've lost 11 lbs in 3.5 weeks. I started out on the South Beach "keto-friendly" diet, then realized I could do traditional keto and that it wouldn't be as hard (mentally or physically) as I'd thought. Even better than the weight loss, though, is the relief from my massive sugar addiction/out-of-control appetite.

I have read that most people can lose weight on any (sensible) diet, so pick the one that makes you feel well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!