Day 3 on Adipex!

Options
weeble2008
weeble2008 Posts: 147 Member
Okay, so this is my 3rd day of taking Adipex! I was a little leary at first, worried about the rapid heart rate and if it would work, but I started taking it Friday and as of this morning, I'm down 1.5 lbs!! This is great, I feel like I've got so much more energy and really feel like I've gotten so much more out of my workouts than before. This may all be subconsious, but I am really feeling good, and don't feel any negative effects from the medication! :happy:

Replies

• weeble2008
    Options
    Okay, so this is my 3rd day of taking Adipex! I was a little leary at first, worried about the rapid heart rate and if it would work, but I started taking it Friday and as of this morning, I'm down 1.5 lbs!! This is great, I feel like I've got so much more energy and really feel like I've gotten so much more out of my workouts than before. This may all be subconsious, but I am really feeling good, and don't feel any negative effects from the medication! :happy:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Just be careful with this medication!! I used to take it a long time ago and for the two weeks I didn't have any side effects but on week 3 I started having rapid hearbeats and I wasn't losing as much weight either.In my opinion its better to go solo when it comes to weight loss(meaning without the pill)but if this works for you go for it.Congrats on your 1.5 pounds thats something to be proud of.
  • stephaneyh
    Options
    has anyone ever tried NutraSystem?
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Adipex is only intended to be used for several weeks and will actually stop working after this time, which is what it sounded like happened to you, awestfall. Once it stops working, it shouldn't be taken anymore. I'm sure some doctors prescribe it for longer.

Good luck, Weeble2008, with your weight loss!
  • weeble2008
    Options
    Thanks for your support! :wink:
    My doctor actually gave me a prescription for 2 months but I do only plan on taking it for a few weeks, or until, and if, any side effects start happening!
    When I got it filled and read the papers about how to take it, it said to take it twice a day, but my doctor advised me to only take 1/2 a pill once a day. My guess is that if you were taking 2 full pills a day, you would probably be feeling some of those side effects pretty quickly, and I'd rather not have any side effects, besides the weight loss!
    I do understand and stressed to my doctor when I inquired about a weight loss medication, that I don't want something that I need to take forever or for a very long time to maintain the weight lost. I'm at the point where I need a little kick, and re-train myself with my eating and exercising. So far so good!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!