Coconut water....

Options
2»

Replies

• kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I had it at a little market in Puerta Vallarta where a guy cut the coconut open with a machete and served it. I still didn't think it was all that great, but the atmosphere was too nice to do anything but grin and bear it. I can't say I am eager to try the processed variety.
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Vita coco is good! It makes you feel so much better after a workout and tou don't get all crampy because it's loaded with potassium. More then bananas :)
  • luisabaeta
    luisabaeta Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Make sure you drink it ice-cold. I'm Brazilian, so we are used to drinking it straight from the coconut, and i absolutely love it. The packaged ones vary a lot, i find a lot of them have a bitter aftertaste, like aspartame.
    It's very very hydrating, so it's great for after sports (like a natural gatorade or something). It tastes mild and refreshing and i really like it. But then again, it depends on your taste. If you try it and don't like it, but you ever have the opportunity to drink a natural one, straight from an ice-cold coconut, it's worth trying again. :)
  • cvaneaton
    Options
    sounds great if you are drinking a pino colada!:drinker:
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the info everyone!!! Going to try it and see if I like it....the smoothies don't sound too bad!!
  • val071418
    val071418 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I like coconut water. and coconut milk (a little thicker?) I also like making coconut rice. This link has a recipe for both white and brown rice. I have only had white rice.
    http://thaifood.about.com/od/thaisnacks/r/thaicoconutrice.htm
    Hope you like..:smile:
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Gonna try the coconut rice Val....it sounds yummy!!! :smile:
  • Sararainmaker
    Sararainmaker Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do... don't get the dried/powdered stuff...

...It tastes like over-processed skim milk with coconut flavoring and a not so subtle hint of pennies.