Type 2 Diabetes - Making a Change without meds

Options
Well... I tried the med route and it literally made me feel like I was dying in 5 days in and I almost called 911 twice because the pain I was having was so severe and definitely not the cramps they said I would have! The aftermath of these attacks left me feeling like someone beat my insides black and blue and I was always feeling sick. I tried to be positive and kept saying it will get better and I thought it was on day 4 when I was just feeling sick but not in pain or pooping. even day 5 seemed ok that I finally felt like I have the energy to exercise and felt great about the calories I burned. But later that night I woke doubled over in the most horrific pain I could barely get to the bathroom, this stuck around for hours and I barely pooped. I just suffered minimal relief. After this, I was like so much for things getting better, this is ridiculous! Before the pill, I was doing amazing and seeing results lost 7 lbs in 7 days just eating healthy and exercising. After the pill, I lost 1 pound and felt horrible every day worse than I did prior to changing any of my eating habits. It just did not make sense that I would continue with something that was hurting me more than it was helping me. So my doctor agreed that the symptoms I was having were pretty intense and told me to stop the meds. And continue to try to change things with healthy eating and exercise and see what my blood results show in 2 weeks. SO... PLEASE SEND POSITIVE PRAYERS that my healthy eating MINUS processed sugars such as desserts and eating a low carb plan will make a difference and prove to the doctors that I am able to do this without meds! Also if anyone else has done with med-free I love to hear how you did this and if you have any low-carb meal suggestions that can help me I love to hear those as well.

Replies

• fitforfun1749
    fitforfun1749 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well so far... I have lost 10 lbs in just under 3 weeks with diet and exercise alone and I am feeling great thus far. I am making sure I stay under 150g of carbs with sugars combine and I have not gone above the 150 yet and feeling full and satisfied every meal. Eating 3 healthy meals, a day fasting 4 hrs between each meal Tons of veggies and protein and with healthy allowable veggie carbs such as greens and berries. I do eat 1/2 of a whole wheat bagel for lunch or breakfast sometimes to get extra fiber in my diet to prevent constipation from the dairy and proteins. Since I am very low in vitamin D I also have lactose free Dairy 1% milk 8 oz a day and some Lactose free Motts cheese to help as well and my 1000mg 3 times a day of Vitamin D. This may sound like a lot but my vitamin D levels are 40 when they should be 75which is very very low also being very fair-skinned I have to be careful how much sun exposer I have. Other than that I am feeling amazing the best I have felt in a really long time forgot was it was like to eat healthy on a constant basis and how to go you feel when you do. Now do not get me wrong I really miss all my yummy favorites. But if it was a choice of them and taking pills or needles. I give them up and eat healthy every day if that is what I need to do. Anyone else on a journey to bring down their sugar levels with exercise and diet I love to hear about your journey.