First time goal to lose weight

Options
clmoz
clmoz Posts: 1 Member
Hello fellow fitness cohorts:

I am on the beginnings of losing weight. I started out with a goal to lose weight by calories in and calories burned. My eating habits were horrible and my exercise was zero. I was continue climbing in numbers on the scale.

I currently work out about four times weekly and staying on with a 1200 calorie diet. I burn 100 calories on the stair master in 20ish minutes, 150 calories on the bike in 22ish minutes and 100 calories on the treadmill in 20ish minutes (fat burning cycle). I have not exercised in years, so my body is feeling exhausted. I have been doing this regime for four weeks now. I have lost four pounds.

Is this normal for my body to feel so tired? Am I doing too much? My girlfriend told me she used to work out every day when she was on a weight loss program. Although, she had a personal trainer and was lifting weights. Does anyone have any insight they could give. I am a 59 year old woman and wonder if age may have something to do with it.

Replies

• KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi. What goals did you set in MFP and how much do you want to lose? You could be drastically under eating, are you eating back any exercise calories? I don’t want to make assumptions but are you male?
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,156 Member
    Options
    1200 is really low, too low for many people. It's hard to know how appropriate it is for you without knowing how much you weigh currently, how tall you are and how active you are outside of exercise.

I'm 5ft5 and I lost 60lbs eating 1700+ calories.

Exercise is something that could be contributing to your fatigue as well, if you're not used to it. But without knowing more, I think it's more likely you're not eating enough.
    And/or perhaps not the 'right' foods for you: have you changed your diet drastically? What foods are you eating now?