Need tech help please?

Options
Goodgollygee
Goodgollygee Posts: 102 Member
I went to the tech support area but cannot find what I am looking for. I keep getting messages in my email telling me that people have commented on my status but when I click on the link in those emails, it takes me to my profile page and there are no comments there to read. Just tells me so and so commented on my status. I really want to find out how to read those comments so that I can comment back or thank the person and I wouldn't mind not getting all of these emails. Trouble is, if I don't find out how to read the comments on mfp, I would not even know that someone has commented. Thank you, in advance, for any help you can give me.

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    You can turn email notifications on or off by going to https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/email_settings. As for why you can't see them, are you on the desktop site or the app? You may need to tap on the status or the "X Likes, Y Comments" line below the status to see them if you're on the app.
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    On your home page is a running list of blog posts, status updates, and other information. Find the status update it reference and click on the comment area within it. For example, I logged my weight this morning and it automatically posted my “moonangel12 has lost blah blah blah pounds.” That is my status update and comments would be linked to that. Or if I add an exercise, it lists it there.
  • moonangel12
    edited June 2021
    Options

ac7oyq9aqooi.jpeg

Here’s a screenshot, the icon on the right below the update that looks like a talk bubble is for comments. I don’t have many “friends” on MFP because that’s not really my thing, but if there was a comment it would be listed there. You could click on it to read what others wrote.
  • Goodgollygee
    Options
    Thanks for the help! I appreciate it. Also, I realized... I have to be friends with the people making comments in order to read their comments on my status page? I think that might have been part of the problem. Thanks again!
  • moonangel12
    Options
    Thanks for the help! I appreciate it. Also, I realized... I have to be friends with the people making comments in order to read their comments on my status page? I think that might have been part of the problem. Thanks again!
    I don’t know that people can see your updates without already being friends, but I could be wrong?
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,454 Member
    Options

They have to be friends to comment in the first place.

It is frustrating and confusing. What I do is go to my home page and click on my profile photo. That gives me my entire personal status page, and flags any status that’s received a comment.

qsrd2c06rid9.jpeg

pdtuu5flzrsf.jpeg
  • Goodgollygee
    Options
    Thanks. Yes. it is frustrating. Now..... Anyone else suddendly have nothing on their newsfeed?
  • Goodgollygee
    Options
    Hello again: When I go to my settings and try to turn off certain email notifications by unchecking the little boxes and then going to the bottom of the page where it says: "save changes" and click..... all the ticks reappear in all the little boxes and my changes are not saved. I'm stumped.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Hello again: When I go to my settings and try to turn off certain email notifications by unchecking the little boxes and then going to the bottom of the page where it says: "save changes" and click..... all the ticks reappear in all the little boxes and my changes are not saved. I'm stumped.

Try doing it on the web version if it's the app version that is playing up, or vice-versa.
  • Foxotia
    Foxotia Posts: 21 Member
    Options

I had to do this through my actual account settings on the website, and not through mobile. Clicking on the unsubscribe button that shows up at the bottom of each e-mail did not work for me either!
  • Goodgollygee
    Options
    Thank you both. I did what you said and will see if it works. Will report back! Now I'm trying to add a ticker without any luck. Not a big deal but I would like one.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,509 Member
    Options
    @moonangel12 not related to the OP but I just LOVE your profile picture!! :)
  • Goodgollygee
    Options
    Thanks moonangel12!
  • Goodgollygee
    Options
    I still cannot get the email notifications to stop. When I go to settings and click unsubscribe button and press save, all the check marks reappear and the emails keep coming. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me solve this.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,626 Member
    Options
    Try creating a different account and see if changed settings stick there.
    If they do contact MFP support.

Go nuclear.

Verify your phone OS is compatible with current version of MFP
    Log out of phone
    Go to phone settings and blow away cache and saved info
    uninstall app.

Log out of MFP on your computer browser--will be trying to avoid deleting cache which of course you could do instead
    get a different browser ranging from Chrome, Firefox, running an old version of internet explorer--search for explorer in your windows it's probably there--or safari
    Login to MFP on new browser.
    Change settings.
    Log out.
    Log in again and check settings have stuck. If they haven't it's MFPs issue contact support or create another account.
    log out again.

Login with old browser and check settings.
    Did they stick? Done.
    Did they not stick? time to decide if you want to start again after clearing out your current browser's cache or just use MFP with the other browser

Reload phone app
    re-login into phone app

Good luck! :smiley:
  • Goodgollygee
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to post all of that. I think I will contact MFP. I can't seem to find that either. I think I am more tech challenged than I thought. :|